• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New

ryannever

imported post

I'm new to the site i had a friend who told me about it and i'm not sure if he is on here. i just recently went and got my purchase permit and will be purchasing this saturday. i just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan Never i'm 21 and i'm from temperance. for those of you who have no clue where temperance is its in monroe county about 45 minutes south of detriot right down I75 or about 2 minutes north of Toledo, Ohio. So far this site has been very helpful in showing me what the laws really are and how to go about them if ever questioned. From what i seen it looks like a good site to get some information on or get help with if i get into a jam. i'll be visiting the site regularly now.

WARCHILD

imported post

Welcome Ryan, glad to have you aboard. Yes, you can learn a lot on this site. Don't be afraid to ask questions either, but review and read the other threads and most of your questions may already be answered there. If not ask away, someone will answer you.

Jerry

ryannever

imported post

well i purchased my gun last night at magnum force in monroe. its a 9mm S&W sigma. shot it a couple times last night and liked the way it felt. if anyone knows of any common problems with these or bad/good things about them please let me know. Another thing if anyone lives in se michigan or are in monroe sometime i suggest you check out magnum force guns. very helpful and very good people. this is where i'll be doin all my business for now on.

adam40cal

imported post

ryannever wrote:
well i purchased my gun last night at magnum force in monroe. its a 9mm S&W sigma. shot it a couple times last night and liked the way it felt. if anyone knows of any common problems with these or bad/good things about them please let me know. Another thing if anyone lives in se michigan or are in monroe sometime i suggest you check out magnum force guns. very helpful and very good people. this is where i'll be doin all my business for now on.
The Sigma is a very nice gun I have it in 40cal. The only thing I don't like about the gun is the 12 pound trigger it throws my shot off, but I've been told the trigger will lighten up too around 8 pounds once the gun is broke in around 500-600 rounds through her should do it :D

ghostrider

imported post

ryannever wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

FYI, It's usually a better idea to ask about a paticular guns common problems before buying it. Fortunately for you, the Sigma has garnered a fairly good reputation. IIRC, the earlier models may have had some problems (can't remember what they were), but they've taken care of that and are reported to be fine guns. Like adam40cal said, about the only thing anybody complains about now is the heavy trigger. Personally (though I've never shot one) I look at the heavy trigger the same way I look at the heavy trigger of the J-frame. Dry-Fire practice and shooting. Learn to run the gun you got.

Bronson

imported post

Hi Ryan,

I'm new too and you're right, there's a lot of great info here.

Is Temperance near Blissfield? I used to have a girlfriend who was from Blissfield and you could throw a rock from there and hit Toledo :p

A very good friend of mine has the Sigma in .40. He's terrible with it and swears it's the gun but it's also the only gun he owns with a DAO trigger. I shoot it just fine and keep telling him that he's the real problem :cool: I'm hoping that he won't ever practice with it and sell it to me at a super discounted price.

Bronson

ryannever

imported post

thats awsome your girl is from here. i live right in the heart of temperance. where about is your girl from in temperance.

Yes blissfield is very close to me about 20 or so miles from me. go through there alot

thanks for the info on the gun and i probably shoulda asked about the gun first but my buddy told me it was a decent gun just like the m&p he said.