• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's hear from the Memphis Metro area members!

TN_Mike

imported post

Hey guys. My name is Mike (TN_Mike) and I live in Arlington. I'd like to hear from everyone who lives in the Memphis Metro area. This includes Shelby County, Fayett County, Tipton County and surrounding area from there.

I know there is an old thread on hee looking for Memphis area members. It was started by PT_111. Well, that was me. I used to have that screen name but changed it to this one a while back.

I also see that there are a lot of guys from our area on here. So let's get another thread going and get to know each other.

By the way, i am a member of the TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association) and we meet ever third Thursday at Range USA at 7pm. Everyone is invited to come. Our next meeting is this Thursday, the 17th or July.
This months meeting will be a free seminar on how to safely and legally carry in Tennessee and will be taught by Range USA's lead instructor.\

I would love to see any and all of you there.

C-ya

imported post

Hey Mike, I'll drop in. I'm just up the road in Tipton County. Still waiting on my utility bills so I can prove that I live here. Haven't gotten a TN license yet, so I can't get a permit app. BTW, is there a period req'd before I can get the app or can I get one on my way out the door from getting my license?

Looking forward to meeting anyone from the boards.

TN_Mike

imported post

We have been here for almost 3 years now and to be honest, I can't remember if there is a period of residency required or not. I think there may be.

Call the DMV office near you and ask. They are pretty good about answering questions in my experience. You could also check the Dept. Of Public Safety website.

TN_Mike

imported post

If you are talking about the TFA meeting, it was great. Very informative and very fun.

Like I said, we meet every third Thursday at 7pm at RangeUSA on Whitten. Everyone is invited and we usually meet in Uncle Sam's BBQ there inside RangeUSA at about 6pm and eat before the meeting.

Look forward to seeing a lot of new faces next time.

SomeKid

imported post

PT, glad you came, glad you started open-carrying, and VERY glad you are becoming involved with the TFA.

I remember when you first talked of coming up here, you wondered about open carrying. Feels good, doesn't it?

SomeKid

imported post

That was me alright. I remember you as well, still carrying your old namesake PT-111, or have you moved up to Glock perfection? :p

TN_Mike

imported post

I still have the old trusty PT-111 but I now carry a Glock 23 every day. It is on my right hip as I type this in fact!

Good to see you are still around buddy!

crotalus01

imported post

Midtown Memphis here.

Does the TFA have a webpage? I shoot at Range USA and would like to try and make the next meeting (depends on my work schedule).

flyfishbum

imported post

Hello all,
I live not to far from Range USA. If everyone would like to meet maybe we could do luck some weekend.
Danny