• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my CHL!

Orygunner

imported post

I applied for my CHL at the Lane Co. Sheriff's office on June 23, and was told it would be 4-5 weeks before I'd receive my license in the mail.

I happened to be down at the Courthouse yesterday and thought I'd stop in at the Sheriff's office just to see what the status was. He pulled my app, and they had JUST got the OK back from the State Police. Helooked through the rest of the file and said "Well, I don't see why you can't have it now to save us a stamp," and handed me the envelope!

He had a stack of CHLs he was getting ready to send out from June 10th, so I got mine about 2 weeks early!

:celebrate

...Still has that "new license" smell!...
...Orygunner...

Orygunner

imported post

I've got a Taurus PT 111 Millennium Pro in 9mm, but I only have an OWB holster. I need to do some shopping around foran IWB holster now. I think I'd rather have a fanny pack for work though, just because I don't want to chance it being discovered I'm carrying (weapons are forbidden on company property).

I'm only planning on concealing at work, when I'm out with the wife (she gets embarassed when I open carry and doesn't like the extra attention), or when otherwise necessary for "social advantage".

...The rest of the time, I'm OCing...
...Orygunner...

lukeshort

imported post

You took the leap into concealed carry privileges. I personally see it as a right, but I would not want to argue that in court.

I shuffled the idea around a bit and finally went down and applied for mine. I’m just waiting for the results from Big Brother. Big Brother and I never had any problems, so I should get mine soon enough.

I still disagree with the whole thing though, asking for something that should be a right. Anyway, congratulations on your permit and stay safe.