Thread: OC at Ruth;s Chris Stakehouse

Post imported post

My husband and I have been wanting to go to Ruth's Chris forever and have always eithertalked ourselves out of spending that kind of cabbageor not had a baby sitter. This weekend my husband is coming home after been gone for 2 weeks in NC and before that 2 weeks in Cali for work and our daughter is at grandma's in Jersey all weekend. So,seems like a good time to partake. Only concern is whether or not we can carry. I probably won't since I can't conceal there and I don't think I can open carry with my maternity dress. So, J will definitely want to carry.

Has anyone had any experience at the ones in Arlington, Tyson's Corner, or Fairfax?

Thanks!

Post imported post

you may or may not be able to but I would predict that you will get questioned at a minimum due to dress code.

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    ...but I would predict that you will get questioned at a minimum due to dress code.
    I carry my Sig in upscale restaurants, the Glock is for more casual wear.

Sorry, I've never carried in a Ruth's Chris. Enjoy your night out!
    USAF Retired
    Certified Glock Armorer
    -------------
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. --- Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I OC'ed at the one in Tysons Corner and didn't have an issue at all. I even ate in the bar (which wasn't that crowded, but never seen one that is, and wasn't drinking) and didn't have a single question or complain.

Post imported post

If you want a better steak, I suggest Ray's the Steaks in Arlington. Cheaper and better!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    If you want a better steak, I suggest Ray's the Steaks in Arlington. Cheaper and better!
    I went in jeans and a golf shirt and a 1911. No :whatr comments. Also.. I have had Mortons, Rays, and Ruth's. I think Ruth's is the best. They even heat the serving plate so each bite of steak is piping hot.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Ruth's Chris is the most overrated and overpriced steakhouse I have been to.

Fail.

Post imported post

Ok.. qualifier.. I meant it was the BEST between Rays and Mortons.. for the REAL BEST.. I like it cut in bite size pizzas at Kobe's Japaneese Steak house in Leesburg and I OC there all the time.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:

Fail.
    If your criteria includes whether your steak hangs over the edges of your plate, you're right.

Post imported post

I'm sorry, I lost you. Steak hanging over the edge of the plate?

I was referring to the fact that it's a joke to pay $100 for a meal I can cook myself. Steak does not equal fine dining.

I will say, the steak is good, just not great. It's the pork chops that were really disappointing. Any place that screws up pork (which is better than all forms of beef), well, sucks.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I have been to Ruth's Chris steakhouse dressed business casual, without a problem. I wasn't carrying at the time, however. There were a good deal of other people who were dressed similarly.

Also, I echo the comment about it not being worth the > $100 for a couple of cuts of beef. The food was decent, but not three digits great.

Edit: I went the the Fairfax cornen location.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:

I was referring to the fact that it's a joke to pay $100 for a meal I can cook myself. Steak does not equal fine dining.

I will say, the steak is good, just not great. It's the pork chops that were really disappointing. Any place that screws up pork (which is better than all forms of beef), well, sucks.
    I think this might be a bannable offense!

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:

What I was referring to was the emphasis of quantity over quality. I had tenderloin and shrimp the one time I dined there, and although the portions were not large I had plenty to eat. The service was great and the food was of high quality and cooked to perfection.

I have a friend who would prefer a large steak of dubious quality (hanging over the edges of his plate) than pay over $100 for a delicious, high quality steak dinner.

I'm sorry to hear that their pork was disappointing. I'm glad that I didn't have that when I was there.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    marshaul wrote:

I think this might be a bannable offense!
    Hah, you wish!

I should have said pork is better than all forms of beef, unless you're at Ruth's Chris.

And for what it's worth, I admitted the food was good, and, yeah, the steak was cooked pretty close to perfect. What I'm trying to say is, if you think that you get your money's worth at Ruth's Chris, then you need to eat out more, preferably places that serve less... pedestrian fare.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:

Fail.
    This. Its good, but it aint worth the $$.

ETA: Ed, make a oc dinner at ruths chris. should be interesting.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:

Hah, you wish!

I should have said pork is better than all forms of beef, unless you're at Ruth's Chris.

And for what it's worth, I admitted the food was good, and, yeah, the steak was cooked pretty close to perfect. What I'm trying to say is, if you think that you get your money's worth at Ruth's Chris, then you need to eat out more, preferably places that serve less... pedestrian fare.
    Agree 100% it is overpriced. Much better places to go get a slab of beef around here!

Post imported post

EFB16ACRX wrote:
    ETA: Ed, make a oc dinner at ruths chris. should be interesting.

Why? it will end up with just me going..

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

So I OC'ed at Ruths a couple weeks ago.. no big deal. (A little out of focus.. damn valet did not know how to work a digicam)

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    So I OC'ed at Ruths a couple weeks ago.. no big deal. (A little out of focus.. damn valet did not know how to work a digicam)

But the important part is in focus the name of the restaurant .
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

I had a steak there last year after i got home from a deployment and felt like something nice, it was ok at best and not worth the 70 somethin dollars i paid for a steak taters and whiskey. Kegans Irish pub across the streethas a killer drunken ribeye that blows away ruth's chris.

Post imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
    I had a steak there last year after i got home from a deployment and felt like something nice, it was ok at best and not worth the 70 somethin dollars i paid for a steak taters and whiskey. Kegans Irish pub across the streethas a killer drunken ribeye that blows away ruth's chris.
    Do they still have that awesome cider?

Cider, not Meade....
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I've oc'd at the Ruth's Chris in Virginia Beach without a problem. I would argue it is the best meal I've had anywhere, at any price. Loved it. Will be going again when I get home.