• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surprising positive response to recent OC

smn

imported post

As is my custom after work I holstered my XD 45c in my Crossbreed IWB supertuck (while exposing the grip) and met my wife at the veternarian's office. I took the dogs inside while she took the kids back home. I've OC'd in the vet's office on numerous occasions but only to pick up medications from the front desk. On this occasion I had the dogs and they knew they were going to the exam room.

Once in the examination room I met with the younger partner and within seconds he mentioned I must've just been to the range for practice. He spotted my earplugs (from work) and of course my XD. I politely responded that I carry for my personal safety. He was all in favor of carrying and he used to carry himself.

For the next ten minutes he enthusastically gave his positive opinion of OC. He is an avid shooter and has experienced a situation in which carrying saved him from certain bodily harm. We had a good chat, and I gave him a GeorgiaCarry.org card, mentioned the new GA gun law changes, then left to pay.

While at the front desk he stopped out and shared another fun gun story of his and we wished each other a good day.

tattedupboy

imported post

Nice to know that you can go to a place where ordinary people gather and not cause anyone to poop in their pants from the mere sight of a citizen exercising their rights.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

there is a gas station i always go to, the owner came up to me while i was carrying my 1911 and asked me all about it... told me he was a chl instructor, and that he was all for OC and CC and didn't mind it in the store at all :)

at least the owner has my back if the cops show up lol

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Excellent interaction. AS the OC movement continues to grow I think we will be both surprised and disappointed by people and places which accept/deny OC.