• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It Feels Good to Hear

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That is good to hear from a police officer. I can only hope to hear the same from a spokesman for the Dallas PD in the near future; it's ironic that the state most stereotypically associated with guns and gun carry is actually still among the most restrictive, and many jurisdictions, especially those in the five major metro areas (D/FW, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso and Austin), disapprove of the gains made in self-defense laws.

Like Tennessee,our statute isvery clear; if you are witness to an imminent or in-progress violent felony, you are presumed justified in shooting, and you have no duty to retreat from anywhere you may lawfully be. Doesn't mean theHPD or DPDwon'tlook forany excuse to detain and/or arrest you (Hey, the Nashville cops are still looking for anything the LAC did that would negate justification; you expect anything different in Texas?).

Dr.Coy

imported post

Yeah that sucks. Yet if you asked a cop to be a normal civilian andwalk around without a gun everyday of the week wonder what his real response would be if no one was looking.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Only 2 bad guys in that whole story and one of them has been eliminated from the gene pool. The LAC and LEO did and said the right things.