Thread: An Eventful Evening

Post imported post

Friday night, July 11.

The Gentle Bride™ was at the hospital visiting a friend, so I was "on my own" for supper - which meant I stopped by McDonald's for a Gut Grenade on the way home last night.

As I approached my car a "voice" asked if I were a LEO. I turned and next to me was a woman, in her 50's, alone. When I told her "no", she asked why I was able to carry an exposed gun both in and out of the restaurant.

I was carrying my 1911 OC in a SERPA on my right belt. Condition One, just like Col. Cooper "taught" me.

I told her I had a Georgia Firearms License, and she stuttered for a moment, and then she started in with "I've always wanted to be able to carry ..."

I put my food in the car and asked her about her criminal record, which she says is clean. She said her husband travels out-of-country for days/weeks at a time and she feels unsafe.

She and I ended up having a 90 minute conversation about the legal carry of a gun, how to buy a gun, how to use a range, how to go through the GFL process, combat mindset, religious mindset, and the reaching of the point in your life when you say, "enough is enough".

She finally left with my name and a GeorgiaCarry.Org business card. ASSUMING that she was legit I could easily see her becoming a member.

So "wonderful night" you say? Oh heck no. Not for me, and not for Conyers.

Around 11:30 pm I was instructed by Gentle Bride™ and Stubborn Daughter™ to make an Emergency Kroger Run for cat litter and some prescription meds. So off I trundle in the dead of night to Kroger.

I have shopped there for years and am on "first-name-basis" with several of the employees/management. As I was turning the aisle to get cat litter I heard/felt someone asking me if I had a badge.

I turned to find a 50ish woman, one generation from trailer trash, with a generic "security" lable on her shirt, quizzing me about my carrying of an Ordinance Delivery System. I simply told her "no". She pressed the issue, asking if I had a GFL, why was I carrying, how dare I carry, etc. I was in no mood to fight, so I answered most of her questions with one word answers.

She said I was in no way allowed to carry and that she would report this. I said "OK" and headed off to the cat litter.

About 5 minutes later I was exiting she Self Checkout area with my items when I heard her voice whispering "he's carrying a large bag of cat litter", myself wondering if this was felonious behavior in Conyers. But I just knew who was on the other end of the phone.

As I left the store and walked into the parking lot I could still hear her voice, so I knew she was following me at a "safe" distance. I got to my car and deposited my items, knowing what was about to happen.

I tirned back to the store and saw her taking with a Conyers Police officer. I was in no mood to fight, but I knew better than to run, and tonight might be the night that I lose my virginity - Shamalama: 10-32, Man With A Gun.

I walked to the center of the traffic lane and stood quietly, hands in front of me. I heard the lady say, "there he is". The LEO saw me, got in his car, and headed for me. He tried to slide into a nearby parking space which was "occipied" by a runaway cart. So I walked over, got the cart, and moved to a nearby corral, so that the LEO could park properly.

By the time the cart was "secured" two other cars had arrived, and the officers took their tactical positions: 12:00, 10:00, and 6:00.

The "lead", or 12:00 officer, asked if I had ID. I said, "yes", and then stood there. I wasn't about to reach for my wallet next to my firearm. He finally saw my "issue" and said it was OK, that he "trusted" me. I took out my wallet and handed over my GA DL.

He then asked if I had a GFL, and I replied, "yes". I stiid there looking at him for a moment, and then gently handed him my GFL.

Then the circus started.

I was informed that a citizen can only CC in public. I told them that they were wrong according to OCGA 16-11-126 through 16-11-128. They didn't agree but at least let that line of questioning end there.

Lead LEO then showed my on my GFL where it says "public and private buildings illegal", to which I replied that that only applied to private buildings where the owner has a "no guns" policy, of which Kroger, a financial sponsor of GCO, has none. As well as the fact that I've been OCing in front of the managers at this store for the last 6 months with no issue.

The 10:00 LEO said "no cime here" and left. 12:00 LEO still wanted something to nail me on. And I KNOW THAT MY VOCABULARY IS SUPPOSED TO CONSIST ONLY OF "AM I FREE TO GO", but I was starting to enjoy this.

12:00 LEO then asked if I knew that the hammer was back on my firearm. I said, "Yes, and one is in the chamber too". That went over well. I finished with "It's called Condition One, just like the way Colonel Cooper taught his Marines to carry a 1911." The subject ended.

12:00 LEO then described how Kroger has a No Guns policy, to which I replied that it must have happened overnight, and that no signs were visible at any of the doors to describe such, and with out such evidence I am led to assume that Kroger has no such policy. The subject ended.

12:00 LEO then asked if I knew why they were there, to shich I replied that the old Security lady had ratted me out to them, not any of Kroger's management. LEO informed me that she carries the full weight and power and authority of Kroger management.

12:00 LEO finally gave me back my IDs and backed away. So I turned around to face 6:00 LEO. He then backed off and headed for the car. I waited for everyone to leave, and then I left.

So now I'm no longer a Virgin. I've been 10-32ed by Conyers Finest MWAG.

And I'm damn proud of it.

Post imported post

You handled that very well. Congrats on popping your cherry!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

...one generation from trailer trash.

Awesome, shamalama. Not only right, but convincing.

Post imported post

Holy crap, that put a smile on my face :-)

Post imported post

I am amazed! I know I would not have handled the Kroger incident as well. Congratulations on a job well done.

Post imported post

Woo! Well done, Shama.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Same thing happened to me outside of a Kroger's but with a completely different result. Starting new thread now.