• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Louis Mall the Scene of Double Shooting in Possible Murder-Suicide

MetalChris

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,384062,00.html

DEVELOPING STORY:[/b] A double shooting at a St. Louis-area shopping mall brought police to the scene of what could be a murder-suicide or an attempted murder-suicide, according to KTVI TV in St. Louis.[/b]

The shooting reportedly happened near the Sears store on the lower level of the Jamestown Mall in Florissant, Mo., and is believed to have left at least one person with serious injuries.

An eyewitness store owner told FOX News that there was no sign of any yelling or shouting before he heard the gunshots ring out. He saw a man shoot a woman he knows and then turn the revolver on himself.

"I didn't hear any yelling — no loud talking or anything," said Marwin Adair, who said he didn't recognize the man. "I heard pow, pow! He wasn't really looking angry or crazy or anything like that. It's a big shock."

The St. Louis County medical examiner arrived on the scene just before 3 p.m. EDT, which indicates that there is likely at least one fatality, FOX News has learned.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AZkopper wrote:
I don't know how these things happen......I'm sure its a Gun Free Zone......

:banghead:
Used to not be but I was told not to long ago that in response to a lot of crime spilling out of North St. Louis City into the county and into the malls that they had made them GFZs, you know, to protect the law abiding citizens from intentionally shooting a criminal who is going to carry a gun no matter what. I don't know when the posting went up as I am rarely in that area anymore.

Evil Ernie

imported post

With what details we have now on this story, no CC/OC person could have stopped this. This stuff happens way too fast. Well, unless you were right behind them and watched the guy start to pull a pistol, but that's about the only way.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
With what details we have now on this story, no CC/OC person could have stopped this. This stuff happens way too fast. Well, unless you were right behind them and watched the guy start to pull a pistol, but that's about the only way.

Or the person that was shot. I was thinking the same thing. I think the point they were making tho is that guns aren't allowed there, so how did this happen?

falcon1

imported post

Update at the OP link confirms a murder-suicide with two deaths.

Tragic for the victim and her family and friends.

I hope the killer did not have a permit.

MetalChris

imported post

*UPDATE*

Police say two people are dead after a man shot and killed a woman inside a St. Louis-area shopping mall, then turned the gun on himself.[/b]

The murder-suicide happened near the Sears store on the lower level of the Jamestown Mall in Florissant, Mo.

An eyewitness store owner told FOX News that there was no sign of any yelling or shouting before he heard the gunshots ring out. He saw a man shoot a woman he knows and then turn the revolver on himself.

"I didn't hear any yelling — no loud talking or anything," said Marwin Adair, who said he didn't recognize the man. "I heard pow, pow! He wasn't really looking angry or crazy or anything like that. It's a big shock."

The St. Louis County medical examiner arrived on the scene just before 3 p.m. EDT, FOX News learned.

"We got several calls, obviously," St. Louis County spokeswoman Tracy Panus told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. When authorities got to the mall, they found that a man and a woman had been shot, Panus said.

Names of the victims, and their relationship, have not been released. The motive wasn't immediately known.

Panus said the shooting happened at 12:43 p.m. No one else was hurt, but the mall was evacuated.

Marcus Gwynn, 21, who works at Radio Shack, said he was walking into the mall to begin his shift when he heard four shots.

"I seen a lady on the ground face-down, then he sits on the ground and shot himself in the head," said Gwynn, who described both as black and in their mid-40s.

Deborah and Michael Mingo said they were shopping at Sears when they heard several shots. She asked a clerk about the noise and was told it was likely construction. But a short time later, people in the store were telling them to get out, Deborah Mingo said.

Kim Bell, 44, of Florissant, raced to the mall with her young granddaughter in tow to check on the welfare of her daughter, who works at a store in the mall.

"I'm always in the mall on my days off," Bell said. "Thank God I had to work today."

It wasn't clear when the mall would reopen. Police tape was wrapped around the food court entrance, which was near the scene of the shooting. A cinema in the mall was also closed — people who were watching afternoon matinees were told to leave.

Jamestown Mall is in far northern St. Louis County and includes about 60 stores and restaurants.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My fiancee was watching the story on the local St. Louis news tonight and said that they said she was his recently ex-wife. So there is the motive.

From what I have heard of it so far I agree that it would have been nearly impossible for anyone at the mall to have stopped or prevented this.

Pointman

imported post

This might have been able to be stopped if a mall ninja were in close proximity to the shooter. Okay, maybe just an ordinary person who is skilled at disarming people was needed.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." Let's not forget that guns are only one of many tools we possess.