• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drinking while OC/CC

G27

imported post

M1Gunr wrote
RCW 9.41.270
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another OR that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

Its a personal preference, make the right choice....
+1.

Is it illegal? No. But if you're gonna go out and have a beer or two, cover it up. I would say a majority of us have our CWP for a reason, and this would definitely qualify as one of them. A man drinking in public is fine. A man drinking in public with a gun strapped to his hip is not. This is not the image we want to portray for our cause. If you plan on drinking and OC'in, I think I can speak for a vast majority of us that we would rather you not mention OCDO.

And sometimes I wonder why people think we're crazy! Even I doubt some of our members. :banghead:

cato

imported post

CCed at bars plenty. OCed and had a beer (with dinner) while in New Hampshire at Murphy's Tap Room with lots ofRonPaul and Obama supporters around (several hundred packing the place). I've never had a better beer; Freedom tasted great!!!

It's a non-issue for me. Victim disarmament zones protect criminals There is no place wherethe law abidingshould be disarmed unless it is by personal choice (or that of a private property owner).

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Not that I have OCed much, but I'd imagine I would not partake in drinking while OCing, but more for the public image thing than impairment. I'd have a beer with dinner while CCing, for sure.

ScorpioMk

imported post

You could argue that we shouldnt have guns while we sleep either because if someone breaks in we'll be too tired to make good decisions or take good shots, or maybe sleep walk and shoots someone by accident.

Marcus

DrewGunner

imported post

RiverTMasco wrote:
I know it is illegal to be in an establishment that serves alcohol and is 21+ only BUT say you are at a restaraunt that isn't 21+ are you allowed to drink while you carry??

Is it illegal, no. Would I OC while drinking in public, no. If you are going to, CC and know your limit.

Bear 45/70

imported post

ScorpioMk wrote:
You could argue that we shouldnt have guns while we sleep either because if someone breaks in we'll be too tired to make good decisions or take good shots, or maybe sleep walk and shoots someone by accident.

Marcus
Not the same situation at all and myou know it. Sleep is a necessary art of staying alive. Drinking is now and will never be necessary for anything other than profits for the government and thebooze industry.

David.Car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
ScorpioMk wrote:

Marcus
Not the same situation at all and myou know it. Sleep is a necessary art of staying alive. Drinking is now and will never be necessary for anything other than profits for the government and thebooze industry.
Beer could be a very good survival food... :)

Bear 45/70

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
ScorpioMk wrote:

Marcus
Beer could be a very good survival food... :)

Yeah, or a non-survivial food, as ingetting you killed while under the influence.

David.Car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Yeah, or a non-survivial food, as ingetting you killed while under the influence.
Now your just arguing volume consumed vs time period consumed in...

Already covered the effect of 1 beer on ya on page 1.

Bear 45/70

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Now your just arguing volume consumed vs time period consumed in...

Already covered the effect of 1 beer on ya on page 1.
You can't survive on one beer a meal and nothing else! On top of that, it is heavy and bulky and does not meet the criteria for atrue survivial food.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You can't survive on one beer a meal and nothing else! On top of that, it is heavy and bulky and does not meet the criteria for atrue survivial food.
What about powdered beer? Just add water! :p

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Why not just drink your own piss, it would taste better.
rolleyes.gif

DrewGunner

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
rolleyes.gif
Zero to WAY off topic in 21 minutes.. a new record!

Bear 45/70

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
rolleyes.gif
Zero to WAY off topic in 21 minutes.. a new record!
Not even close.
rolleyes.gif

grishnav

imported post

I had a beer while OCing in downtown Portland next to Saturday market. And a cigar too! :what:

Nobody noticed or cared. Nobody got shot or killed.

Nothing to complain about.