Thread: "Creating a Safe Gun Culture" on WAMU (DC NPR Station) Thurday July 17th noon

Post imported post

On Kojo Nnamdi's show tomorrow:

Guests

Allan Lucas, Jr.
    , Firearms Instructor licensed in Maryland and the District; and former police officer with DC's Metropolitan Police Department

Phil Mendelson
    , D.C. Councilmember (D-At Large); Chair of the Public Safety and Judiciary Committee

link: http://wamu.org/programs/kn/08/07/17.php#21661

Call-in numbers and e-mail on the website.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Listening in...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

This is the most one-sided BS crap I've ever heard. The council member thinks that guns being disassembled and locked away is in accordance with Heller. An Anti-gun cop who thinks all firearms owners should have 40+ hrs of education and testing with them. A BATFE member, need I say more. The slant is rediculous, the most intelligent people are the callers!

Post imported post

DopaVash wrote:
    This is the most one-sided BS crap I've ever heard. The council member thinks that guns being disassembled and locked away is in accordance with Heller. An Anti-gun cop who thinks all firearms owners should have 40+ hrs of education and testing with them. A BATFE member, need I say more. The slant is rediculous, the most intelligent people are the callers!
    Kojo isn't really known for his pro-gun stance

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Well he hasn't really said much himself, it's his guests tho. Some callers are smart, some are just the typical emotional Anti's.

Post imported post

DopaVash wrote:
    Well he hasn't really said much himself, it's his guests tho. Some callers are smart, some are just the typical emotional Anti's.
    The callers were pretty much the mix I expected. I did like the points that Lucas made about the uselessness of trigger locks. The BATFE agent responded exactly as I expected. While I would love to hear a FLEO publicly advocate handing out the CMP arsenal free to any citizen who wanted one , it's certainly not going to happen anytime soon.

I also know several people on various firearm forums who would have had apoplexy at the number of times the callers and experts used the term "clip" when they meant magazine.

--RedKnightt--