• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Creating a Safe Gun Culture" on WAMU (DC NPR Station) Thurday July 17th noon

RedKnightt

imported post

On Kojo Nnamdi's show tomorrow:

Guests

Allan Lucas, Jr.
, Firearms Instructor licensed in Maryland and the District; and former police officer with DC's Metropolitan Police Department

Phil Mendelson
, D.C. Councilmember (D-At Large); Chair of the Public Safety and Judiciary Committee

link: http://wamu.org/programs/kn/08/07/17.php#21661

Call-in numbers and e-mail on the website.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is the most one-sided BS crap I've ever heard. The council member thinks that guns being disassembled and locked away is in accordance with Heller. An Anti-gun cop who thinks all firearms owners should have 40+ hrs of education and testing with them. A BATFE member, need I say more. The slant is rediculous, the most intelligent people are the callers!

RedKnightt

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
This is the most one-sided BS crap I've ever heard. The council member thinks that guns being disassembled and locked away is in accordance with Heller. An Anti-gun cop who thinks all firearms owners should have 40+ hrs of education and testing with them. A BATFE member, need I say more. The slant is rediculous, the most intelligent people are the callers!
Kojo isn't really known for his pro-gun stance ;)

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well he hasn't really said much himself, it's his guests tho. Some callers are smart, some are just the typical emotional Anti's.

RedKnightt

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
Well he hasn't really said much himself, it's his guests tho. Some callers are smart, some are just the typical emotional Anti's.
The callers were pretty much the mix I expected. I did like the points that Lucas made about the uselessness of trigger locks. The BATFE agent responded exactly as I expected. While I would love to hear a FLEO publicly advocate handing out the CMP arsenal free to any citizen who wanted one , it's certainly not going to happen anytime soon.

I also know several people on various firearm forums who would have had apoplexy at the number of times the callers and experts used the term "clip" when they meant magazine. :)

--RedKnightt--