Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need an interview

Post imported post

Hi everybody,

My name is Nathalie laville. I am a journaliste working for the international news wire service AFP (Agence France Presse, a French organization).

I would like to do a video story about a family who has guns at home. How do you buy them, store them, how do you carry them, how do you deal with the security issues, especially with the kids, do you train them or yourself?

I would like to do the story next Monday (July 21).

The story would be in French and in English.

You can reach me at nathalielaville@hotmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Nathalie Laville

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

I spoke to this reporter at length - interest in gun rights is growing overseas - please help if you can.

Post imported post

DELETED CONTENTS OF MY POST BASED ON MIKE'S COMMENTS.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Nathalie Laville wrote:
    Hi everybody,

My name is Nathalie laville. I am a journaliste working for the international news wire service AFP (Agence France Presse, a French organization).

I would like to do a video story about a family who has guns at home. How do you buy them, store them, how do you carry them, how do you deal with the security issues, especially with the kids, do you train them or yourself?

Nathalie Laville
    QFT.. and.. Does the AFP news wire service really use HOTMAIL accounts? Is this Nathalie's first story? Google her..
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Nathalie Laville wrote:
    Hi everybody,

Nathalie Laville
    QFT.. and.. Does the AFP news wire service really use HOTMAIL accounts? Is this Nathalie's first story? Google her..
    I trust Mike not to lead us down the garden path. That's why I deleted my post above.

Googling her won't help - there is nothing there about her. But I trust Mike not to lead us down the garden path. Oh! Did I just say that again?

stay safe.

skidmark

Besides, we all know where he can be found.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Hmmm...AFP ran the following photo saying it wasan Iraqi woman holding the bullets that hit her house:

I'm not sure I would trust ANYONE affiliated with AFP.

For an interesting and humorous video of the AFP story, check out: http://www.thedissidentfrogman.com/b...only-stronger/

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

VA Caver wrote:
    Hmmm...AFP ran the following photo saying it wasan Iraqi woman holding the bullets that hit her house:

For an interesting and humorous video of the AFP story, check out: http://www.thedissidentfrogman.com/b...only-stronger/

Maybe someone just threw 'em?

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Mabey they got sick of not bein able to shoot back at the dillholes throwing rocks when they drive by and threw some bullets.

Post imported post

I just volunteered to assist.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

Found the following.....

Avideo about illegal immigration in Prince William county associated with the poster.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ir5n_libertywall

Story about women soldiers

http://americanobserver.net/20080326index.html

And this about "Code pink" protest.

http://dcprotest915.wordpress.com/

Most everything else I found was in French. Obama told me I should learn Spanish so that's what I'm doing.

Post imported post

VA Caver wrote:

I remember, oh yes I do, it was good to see it again. WHO was that guy :^)??? Was he really French? Journalists, not knowlegable of anything else and not good even at what they do. Unless you're talking about propaganda propagation (I do hope I spelt all that right).

I just hope this Nathalie is a young journalist that is actually interested in an unbiased story. While attending the one year VA Tech memorial service I found quite a few very biased older news reporters and a number of unbiased, but under the thumb, younger reporters. If you don't meet with the approval of your elders I guess you have no hope of going anywhere in your career.......

Post imported post

Folks - the world is waking up to self-defense rights - look at Great Britain's announcement today re: restoration of self-defense rights.

These reporters and their publishers are axious for stories re freedom, guns, and rugged individualism - and we are going to give to 'em.

For those of you who remain suspicious of the press, that's fine, but just remember what Michael Corleone said in by in The Godfather Part II (1974), written by Mario Puzo & Francis Ford Coppola: "The Supermoderator taught me many things here — he taught me in this forum. He taught me — keep your friends close but your enemies closer."

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Folks - the world is waking up to self-defense rights - look at Great Britain's announcement today re: restoration of self-defense rights.
    Link?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    Link?
    The link is on the Great Britain thread, and, POSTED TO THE MAIN PAGE UNDER HOT TOPICS.

Is everybody checking the main page every day? That's where the hot stuff is - the main page - http://www.OpenCarry.org.

The reason I am stomping my foot on this issue of checking the MAIN PAGE often is because John keeps getting emails from folks saying "Like, oh mi god, like, you have a main page with maps and hot topics? I did not know, really - like I have been here for over a year and never knew!?

So folks, please check the main page every day - we are, with your help, slowly becoming the "Drudge Report" of the gun rights revolution now being fueld by the open carry movement.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    Link?
    The link is on the Great Britain thread, and, POSTED TO THE MAIN PAGE UNDER HOT TOPICS.

Is everybody checking the main page every day? That's where the hot stuff is - the main page - http://www.OpenCarry.org.

The reason I am stomping my foot on this issue of checking the MAIN PAGE often is because John keeps getting emails from folks saying "Like, oh mi god, like, you have a main page with maps and hot topics? I did not know, really - like I have been here for over a year and never knew!?

So folks, please check the main page every day - we are, with your help, slowly becoming the "Drudge Report" of the gun rights revolution now being fueld by the open carry movement.
    I'm guilty - my link opens right up to the Virginia forum and I rarely go anywhere else. I'll start looking around more often now.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

You mean...there's more to the OpenCarry.org site than the Virginia forum? Whoda thunkit?

Post imported post

I used to check the home page regularly but the hot topics was typically just threads I was already aware of so I haven't been checking regularly for some time. With the new home page and content I will pay more attention to it
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Does anyone know the status of this request? Has she found anyone willing?

Post imported post

possumboy wrote:
    One fellow above said he made contact but if interested, especially if you live in norther VA, please do contact her anyway - getting the story out about normal families who own and carry guns is really getting us a lot of milage.

Apparently her news team crew MUST do the interview and filming on Monday.

So Folks - If anyone is **Northern** Virginia is able to help out with this story Monday, please contact Nathalie - she is looking for Virginia families who own guns and wants to know how they acquire, store, and carry guns in normal life in a safe manner.

Filming must be done Monday.
    -----

Here is an email she just sent me:

--

In a message dated 7/17/2008 11:38:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nathalielaville@hotmail.com writes:

I have people interested but they are living very like at least 2 hours driving...

Do you know anybody in Alexandria who would be interested?

Thanks again,

Nathalie

Post imported post

possumboy wrote:
    Maybe you could open carry to a restaurant with your family using the DC Metro in Virginia? Just a thought - would make for good video.

Post imported post

she can contact me. I live in the Dumfries area and work at Regan National Airport.

Post imported post

joeamt wrote:
    she can contact me. I live in the Dumfries area and work at Regan National Airport.
    Contact her ASAP if you are interested.

Post imported post

I emailed her but I'm in Richmond and my wife will not be available on Monday.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

I will email when I get home and have access to my personal email.

The problem is going to be that bane I call work. It would have to be late afternoon/early evening.

But Mondays would be good, we usually go to the park and playground on Mondays.

Post imported post

Since I'm in the Hampton Roads area, and I'm poor, I won't be able to make it to any in-person meetings in NoVa. However, since I grew up speaking a lot of French at home (merci Ã* la famille de ma grandmère!), hopefully I can provide her with a few quotes for her to use nonetheless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast