• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need an interview

Nathalie Laville

imported post

Hi everybody,

My name is Nathalie laville. I am a journaliste working for the international news wire service AFP (Agence France Presse, a French organization).

I would like to do a video story about a family who has guns at home. How do you buy them, store them, how do you carry them, how do you deal with the security issues, especially with the kids, do you train them or yourself?

I would like to do the story next Monday (July 21).

The story would be in French and in English.

You can reach me at nathalielaville@hotmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Nathalie Laville

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DELETED CONTENTS OF MY POST BASED ON MIKE'S COMMENTS.

stay safe.

skidmark

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Nathalie Laville wrote:
Hi everybody,

My name is Nathalie laville. I am a journaliste working for the international news wire service AFP (Agence France Presse, a French organization).

I would like to do a video story about a family who has guns at home. How do you buy them, store them, how do you carry them, how do you deal with the security issues, especially with the kids, do you train them or yourself?

Nathalie Laville
QFT.. and.. Does the AFP news wire service really use HOTMAIL accounts? Is this Nathalie's first story? Google her..:question:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
Nathalie Laville wrote:
Hi everybody,

Nathalie Laville
QFT.. and.. Does the AFP news wire service really use HOTMAIL accounts? Is this Nathalie's first story? Google her..:question:

I trust Mike not to lead us down the garden path. That's why I deleted my post above.

Googling her won't help - there is nothing there about her. But I trust Mike not to lead us down the garden path. Oh! Did I just say that again? ;)

stay safe.

skidmark

Besides, we all know where he can be found. :uhoh:

VA Caver

imported post

Hmmm...AFP ran the following photo saying it wasan Iraqi woman holding the bullets that hit her house:

capt_sge_kvv86_140807212353_photo03.jpg

I'm not sure I would trust ANYONE affiliated with AFP.

For an interesting and humorous video of the AFP story, check out: http://www.thedissidentfrogman.com/blog/link/like-a-suppository-only-stronger/

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

doug23838

Neplusultra

imported post

VA Caver wrote:
Hmmm...AFP ran the following photo saying it wasan Iraqi woman holding the bullets that hit her house:

capt_sge_kvv86_140807212353_photo03.jpg

I'm not sure I would trust ANYONE affiliated with AFP.

For an interesting and humorous video of the AFP story, check out: http://www.thedissidentfrogman.com/blog/link/like-a-suppository-only-stronger/

I remember, oh yes I do, it was good to see it again. WHO was that guy :^)??? Was he really French? Journalists, not knowlegable of anything else and not good even at what they do. Unless you're talking about propaganda propagation (I do hope I spelt all that right).

I just hope this Nathalie is a young journalist that is actually interested in an unbiased story. While attending the one year VA Tech memorial service I found quite a few very biased older news reporters and a number of unbiased, but under the thumb, younger reporters. If you don't meet with the approval of your elders I guess you have no hope of going anywhere in your career.......

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - the world is waking up to self-defense rights - look at Great Britain's announcement today re: restoration of self-defense rights.

These reporters and their publishers are axious for stories re freedom, guns, and rugged individualism - and we are going to give to 'em.

For those of you who remain suspicious of the press, that's fine, but just remember what Michael Corleone said in by in The Godfather Part II (1974), written by Mario Puzo & Francis Ford Coppola: "The Supermoderator taught me many things here — he taught me in this forum. He taught me — keep your friends close but your enemies closer."

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Mike wrote:
Folks - the world is waking up to self-defense rights - look at Great Britain's announcement today re: restoration of self-defense rights.
Link?
The link is on the Great Britain thread, and, POSTED TO THE MAIN PAGE UNDER HOT TOPICS.

Is everybody checking the main page every day? That's where the hot stuff is - the main page - http://www.OpenCarry.org.

The reason I am stomping my foot on this issue of checking the MAIN PAGE often is because John keeps getting emails from folks saying "Like, oh mi god, like, you have a main page with maps and hot topics? I did not know, really - like I have been here for over a year and never knew!?

So folks, please check the main page every day - we are, with your help, slowly becoming the "Drudge Report" of the gun rights revolution now being fueld by the open carry movement.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Mike wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Mike wrote:
Link?
The link is on the Great Britain thread, and, POSTED TO THE MAIN PAGE UNDER HOT TOPICS.

Is everybody checking the main page every day? That's where the hot stuff is - the main page - http://www.OpenCarry.org.

The reason I am stomping my foot on this issue of checking the MAIN PAGE often is because John keeps getting emails from folks saying "Like, oh mi god, like, you have a main page with maps and hot topics? I did not know, really - like I have been here for over a year and never knew!?

So folks, please check the main page every day - we are, with your help, slowly becoming the "Drudge Report" of the gun rights revolution now being fueld by the open carry movement.
I'm guilty - my link opens right up to the Virginia forum and I rarely go anywhere else. I'll start looking around more often now.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I used to check the home page regularly but the hot topics was typically just threads I was already aware of so I haven't been checking regularly for some time. With the new home page and content I will pay more attention to it

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

possumboy wrote:
Does anyone know the status of this request? Has she found anyone willing?

One fellow above said he made contact but if interested, especially if you live in norther VA, please do contact her anyway - getting the story out about normal families who own and carry guns is really getting us a lot of milage.

Apparently her news team crew MUST do the interview and filming on Monday.

So Folks - If anyone is **Northern** Virginia is able to help out with this story Monday, please contact Nathalie - she is looking for Virginia families who own guns and wants to know how they acquire, store, and carry guns in normal life in a safe manner.

Filming must be done Monday.
-----

Here is an email she just sent me:

--

In a message dated 7/17/2008 11:38:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nathalielaville@hotmail.com writes:

I have people interested but they are living very like at least 2 hours driving...

Do you know anybody in Alexandria who would be interested?

Thanks again,

Nathalie

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

possumboy wrote:
Does anyone know the status of this request? Has she found anyone willing?
Maybe you could open carry to a restaurant with your family using the DC Metro in Virginia? Just a thought - would make for good video.