View Poll Results: Where to meet? and When?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lexington

6 20.00%
  • Louisville

3 10.00%
  • Elizabethtown

7 23.33%
  • Richmond

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
  • 2nd weekend in Aug

4 13.33%
  • 3rd weekend in Aug

3 10.00%
  • 4th weekend in Aug

4 13.33%
  • Other

3 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky OC Get together!

Post imported post

Alright time to decide guys, I've added a few different cities and an other, if you choose other sound off as to where you want it, I tried to keep everything centrally located.

And the poll is open for 14 days, then whoever is closest to the meeting place can coordinate it further.

Post imported post

I voted E Town 'cause I'm near there.

Any weekend EXCEPT the third Saturday in August 'cause that is the date of

my 43rd annual camping trip. Been doin' that since 1965!

(Squirrel Season Opening Day).

Post imported post

C'mon Kentuckians! Step up!:what:

Post imported post

OK, I stepped up. 0 After watching the Youtube video below, and following the opencarry.org link mentioned in the news store (i think), I found this forum. It would be great to see a movement in KY (Lexington & Louisville especially) for OC. We need to desensitize people to OC, because it seems to be misconstrued by many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmZic2VFGyI

I'm a new gun owner, and only have a .38 S&W revolver right now. Seems to be kindof a joke to OC a weapon meant for conceal carry.

Post imported post

I don't know if I can step up. I'm not even legally a Kentuckian yet. I'm a transplant from Ohio, Georgia, and recently Colorado. I've only lived here for the past 5 months.

I'm ready to go though. Just give me a time and a place and I'll be there.

Post imported post

Do you mean that you are not a kentuckian so you think you can't open carry. Because you can. all citizens who are residents and nonresidents have the right to open carry.

Post imported post

No. I've OCed here in Kentucky. I just have no authority to reply to TheMrMitch when he says "C'mon Kentuckians! Step up!"

Post imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
    No. I've OCed here in Kentucky. I just have no authority to reply to TheMrMitch when he says "C'mon Kentuckians! Step up!"
    Au contrair (or something like that). The world is made of Kentuckians...some just don't know it.....yet!

Post imported post

My wife carries a .38 spc. and I am going to OC a .38 spc..bothhave 2" barrels.

I have an XD 9..awesome pistol BTW! I bought my mother a Rossi .38 spc. in the early 90's. She dropped it and broke the extractor. The local gunsmith wouldn't work on it. I lost track of what she did with it. She passed away w/ cancer two yrs ago. We have been using her furniture and have cleaned it real good once. My wife went digging for the remote a few days ago and went "deep"..up comes mom's Rossi!!! Full of wussy buggers and lint! But still like new..never fired! So I have ordered parts and will carry it..in moms memory.

Post imported post

Why can't I find dangerous implements of self-defense in my couch? All that is ever found in my couch are food particles and coins.

Post imported post

LOL !! We are still talking about Mom. She was a tough cookie. She had a Bible on one side of her chair and the .38 on the other side...LOL..when we had a tremor..back in the 90's..her chair shook and she grabbed both, jumped up and spun around. I asked her what she was doing? She held both up and shook the Bible and said, "What this wont take of..(then holding the .38 up) this will! LOL!!

I told my wife the next time you go digging..go real slow..mom may have stashed a knife too! Ha ha ha

Post imported post

As I said in the other thread about the get together, central KY is too far for me to go for a day trip at this point and I don't have time for a longer visit. But I am up for a Paducah get together if there are enough people in the west.

*my KY heritage dates back to post Revolutionary War and we still own part of the original property, so while my body resides in MO, my heart is in the hills of Eastern KY so in my mind I qualify as a Kentuckian :celebrate*
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

jbradford1 wrote:
    My wife carries a .38 spc. and I am going to OC a .38 spc..bothhave 2" barrels.

I have an XD 9..awesome pistol BTW! I bought my mother a Rossi .38 spc. in the early 90's. She dropped it and broke the extractor. The local gunsmith wouldn't work on it. I lost track of what she did with it. She passed away w/ cancer two yrs ago. We have been using her furniture and have cleaned it real good once. My wife went digging for the remote a few days ago and went "deep"..up comes mom's Rossi!!! Full of wussy buggers and lint! But still like new..never fired! So I have ordered parts and will carry it..in moms memory.
    What a fabulous story and a wonderful find!

jbradford1 wrote:
    LOL !! We are still talking about Mom. She was a tough cookie. She had a Bible on one side of her chair and the .38 on the other side...LOL..when we had a tremor..back in the 90's..her chair shook and she grabbed both, jumped up and spun around. I asked her what she was doing? She held both up and shook the Bible and said, "What this wont take of..(then holding the .38 up) this will! LOL!!

I told my wife the next time you go digging..go real slow..mom may have stashed a knife too! Ha ha ha
    Sounds like many of the KY women in my family. Another great story.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Well maybe we could have two or three different get-togethers? One for each region. Kentucky is a big state and the major population centers are spread far apart. Maybe we could have one get-together in Elizabethtown or Owensboro and then another in Louisville and one in Lexington. Nothing says we have to make it a one time deal or that everyone has to show up. If we can get only three or four at one place I think that'd be a pretty good start.

Post imported post

We can still work on the Big get together...that would do us all good. The local get togetherscould definatly build some following. I already have a couple folks, not forum members, who expressed interest.

Q. We can open carry in public parks right? OC picnic type.

Post imported post

From what I understand, yes. The only places off limits in Kentucky to OC are bars (restaurants that serve alcohol are ok) and schools.

Post imported post

I will be up for a get together in E-town on the 16th of August I'll be up that way anyway

Post imported post

I think it would be great to meet y'all. 3rd or 4th works for me.

Post imported post

Great ..the more the merrier. I have several friends from church that will attend...as of yet they are not members but WE will change all that! Will be nice to meet everyone.

Post imported post

Ahhhhh 16th of August will be my 43rd annual squirrel trip. Since 1965....a tradition. I can't miss that.

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    Ahhhhh 16th of August will be my 43rd annual squirrel trip. Since 1965....a tradition. I can't miss that.
    That settles it for me! Lol . 4th week. I don’t want the squirrels to be disappointed. hehe!

Post imported post

You put together a meeting location and date (4th week Aug. or whenever)for the Lou / Lexarea....I canprobably be there! might bring friends. work it out Kentuckians.

Got one here in N. KY. 8/3...see N. KY get together.

Post imported post

anyone in the Madisonville area care for a meet? Due to a funeral I am in the area till August 2nd. Pm me and I'll provide a contact number. -Bill

Post imported post

For those in the Elizabethtown area....check out the Kentucky forum. It's a go if enough get on board!

Post imported post

Make sure you take a video camera with you when you open carry in Louisville Ky

Cops like to start crap with you they dont start no crap with me because I have that

video camera and I say yes sir no sir and I am filming them they run my drivers

License and they say have a good day and give me my Glock back they know better

because I can go to I.A. on them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast