• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky OC Get together!

Where to meet? and When?

• Lexington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Louisville

• Elizabethtown

• Richmond

• Other

• 2nd weekend in Aug

• 3rd weekend in Aug

• 4th weekend in Aug

• Other

• Total voters

RIAShooter

imported post

Alright time to decide guys, I've added a few different cities and an other, if you choose other sound off as to where you want it, I tried to keep everything centrally located.

And the poll is open for 14 days, then whoever is closest to the meeting place can coordinate it further.

TheMrMitch

imported post

I voted E Town 'cause I'm near there.

Any weekend EXCEPT the third Saturday in August 'cause that is the date of

my 43rd annual camping trip. Been doin' that since 1965!:D

(Squirrel Season Opening Day).

Statesman

imported post

OK, I stepped up. 0:) After watching the Youtube video below, and following the opencarry.org link mentioned in the news store (i think), I found this forum. It would be great to see a movement in KY (Lexington & Louisville especially) for OC. We need to desensitize people to OC, because it seems to be misconstrued by many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmZic2VFGyI

I'm a new gun owner, and only have a .38 S&W revolver right now. Seems to be kindof a joke to OC a weapon meant for conceal carry.

N00blet45

imported post

I don't know if I can step up. I'm not even legally a Kentuckian yet. I'm a transplant from Ohio, Georgia, and recently Colorado. I've only lived here for the past 5 months.

I'm ready to go though. Just give me a time and a place and I'll be there.

tito887

imported post

Do you mean that you are not a kentuckian so you think you can't open carry. Because you can. all citizens who are residents and nonresidents have the right to open carry.

TheMrMitch

imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
No. I've OCed here in Kentucky. I just have no authority to reply to TheMrMitch when he says "C'mon Kentuckians! Step up!" :D
Au contrair (or something like that). The world is made of Kentuckians...some just don't know it.....yet!:D

jbradford1

imported post

My wife carries a .38 spc. and I am going to OC a .38 spc..bothhave 2" barrels.

I have an XD 9..awesome pistol BTW! I bought my mother a Rossi .38 spc. in the early 90's. She dropped it and broke the extractor. The local gunsmith wouldn't work on it. I lost track of what she did with it. She passed away w/ cancer two yrs ago. We have been using her furniture and have cleaned it real good once. My wife went digging for the remote a few days ago and went "deep"..up comes mom's Rossi!!! Full of wussy buggers and lint! But still like new..never fired! So I have ordered parts and will carry it..in moms memory.

jbradford1

imported post

LOL !! We are still talking about Mom. She was a tough cookie. She had a Bible on one side of her chair and the .38 on the other side...LOL..when we had a tremor..back in the 90's..her chair shook and she grabbed both, jumped up and spun around. I asked her what she was doing? She held both up and shook the Bible and said, "What this wont take of..(then holding the .38 up) this will! LOL!!

I told my wife the next time you go digging..go real slow..mom may have stashed a knife too! Ha ha ha

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As I said in the other thread about the get together, central KY is too far for me to go for a day trip at this point and I don't have time for a longer visit. But I am up for a Paducah get together if there are enough people in the west.

*my KY heritage dates back to post Revolutionary War and we still own part of the original property, so while my body resides in MO, my heart is in the hills of Eastern KY so in my mind I qualify as a Kentuckian :celebrate*

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jbradford1 wrote:
My wife carries a .38 spc. and I am going to OC a .38 spc..bothhave 2" barrels.

I have an XD 9..awesome pistol BTW! I bought my mother a Rossi .38 spc. in the early 90's. She dropped it and broke the extractor. The local gunsmith wouldn't work on it. I lost track of what she did with it. She passed away w/ cancer two yrs ago. We have been using her furniture and have cleaned it real good once. My wife went digging for the remote a few days ago and went "deep"..up comes mom's Rossi!!! Full of wussy buggers and lint! But still like new..never fired! So I have ordered parts and will carry it..in moms memory.
What a fabulous story and a wonderful find!

jbradford1 wrote:
LOL !! We are still talking about Mom. She was a tough cookie. She had a Bible on one side of her chair and the .38 on the other side...LOL..when we had a tremor..back in the 90's..her chair shook and she grabbed both, jumped up and spun around. I asked her what she was doing? She held both up and shook the Bible and said, "What this wont take of..(then holding the .38 up) this will! LOL!!

I told my wife the next time you go digging..go real slow..mom may have stashed a knife too! Ha ha ha
Sounds like many of the KY women in my family. Another great story.

N00blet45

imported post

Well maybe we could have two or three different get-togethers? One for each region. Kentucky is a big state and the major population centers are spread far apart. Maybe we could have one get-together in Elizabethtown or Owensboro and then another in Louisville and one in Lexington. Nothing says we have to make it a one time deal or that everyone has to show up. If we can get only three or four at one place I think that'd be a pretty good start.

jbradford1

imported post

We can still work on the Big get together...that would do us all good. The local get togetherscould definatly build some following. I already have a couple folks, not forum members, who expressed interest.

Q. We can open carry in public parks right? OC picnic type.

jbradford1

imported post

Great ..the more the merrier. I have several friends from church that will attend...as of yet they are not members but WE will change all that! Will be nice to meet everyone.