• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Definition of concealed for 9.41.050

sandcastle

imported post

The law says
Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.
but what counts as concealed? Is it concealed if it's in a IWB holster and the grip is exposed? What about a flap holster? A safepacker?

I'm visiting WA for Labor Day and I want to obey the open carry law.

What's the difference between 9.41.050 and 9.41.250 for pistols?

What do you do when it's raining?

Thank you :celebrate much!

Bear 45/70

imported post

IWB is no different than OWB as the same amount of the gun is showing. You can't coveryour weaponwith clothing, otherwise you are go to go. Rain???? It doesn't rain here. If it did, we would just get wet.:lol:

sandcastle

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You can't coveryour weaponwith clothing, otherwise you are go to go.

Is a full flap holster or a safepacker is allowed? A gunny pack?

Does it matter if I'm out hiking in the woods vs in town?

Thank you.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

sandcastle wrote:

Thank you.

A safe packer or fanny pack (assuming that is what you mean by "gunny" pack) would be considered concealed.

Full flap would be a little more open to interpretatoin I think. If it was clearly a holster and exposed, I would consider it OC. I am not a cop tho'. If there was not enough "gun" showing to be recognizable as a gun, you may be in trouble.

No clear legal definition that I have ever heard.

joeroket

imported post

sandcastle wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
You can't coveryour weaponwith clothing, otherwise you are go to go.

Thank you.
Hiking is a listed exception in 9.41.060 so you are OK while you are hiking and going to and from hiking. If you are just day hiking and are carrying no hiking gear with you then I would definately keep it unloded in the car. If you are backpack hiking then technically you could have it loaded in the car according to 9.41.060.

just_a_car

imported post

maclean wrote:
Wait until you have to do an armorers inspection on one carried in the rain!
*chuckle* Definitely not waterproof, but the majority of the gun is water resistant. There are stainless parts that will rust with enough 'wear and tear', such as the recoil spring, the slide release and the sights.

Otherwise, they are fairly good when it comes to rust; judge for yourself: Glock 21 Torture Test - Theprepared.com