Thread: CPL Wait Time

Post imported post

So, I applied for my CPL on June 17 and have not seen it yet. If it doesnt show up by tomorrow, what course of action should I take. When I applied they told me to give them a call if it didnt arrive in a month. Other than that is there anything I should do? I will be leaving for SW Washington in a week and was planning on buying a pistol while I was down there. I wont be there long, but I was hoping the CPL would eliminate any complications in the purchase process, but I am now starting to think that wont happen.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Call 'em up tomorrow and demand one if needed.

Post imported post

A month Got mine in a week.

Post imported post

RCW 9.41.070
    1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

Law dictates you get it within 30 days. If not, definatly call them on it.

Post imported post

My Washington State CPL issued by King County showed up in my mailbox exactly 31 days after I applied for it. A bit ridiculous if you ask me. I know people in Kittitas County who got theirs within a week of applying.

-Badger
    1911 before dialing 911.

Post imported post

badger wrote:
    My Washington State CPL issued by King County showed up in my mailbox exactly 31 days after I applied for it. A bit ridiculous if you ask me. I know people in Kittitas County who got theirs within a week of applying.

-Badger
    I'm one of those! They were really awesome, although had to make an appointment to get finger printed because the person that does it is only there once a week. So I did have to wait longer because of that. After the finger printing though they mailed it right to me.

Post imported post

badger wrote:

-Badger
    Same here, they issued mine on the 31st day, even though the print never came backfromFBI;they had no choice since no hold had been placed.Hopeful no hold is placed in your name that would delay. I called on day 29 to get the ball rolling for the 31st day pick up.

You should call and let them know you'll be by to pick itup on such & such day, 31st day.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

They already had my finger prints and federal background check on file from another state license I needed and it still took 23 days...

Post imported post

Well, today is the 30th day, so I will check the mail later today after my classes and if its not there I will head to the PD. Oh well, I was hoping this was not going to be hard.:?

Post imported post

computerizedfish wrote:
    Well, today is the 30th day, so I will check the mail later today after my classes and if its not there I will head to the PD. Oh well, I was hoping this was not going to be hard.:?
    State law says they have 30 days to issue for residents and not 31 or more. Don't take any crap from them. Tell them you want it NOW!

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    computerizedfish wrote:
    State law says they have 30 days to issue for residents and not 31 or more. Don't take any crap from them. Tell them you want it NOW!
    +1.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Just got off the phone with Pullman PD and they have it waiting for me at the front desk. Off I go

Post imported post

computerizedfish wrote:
    Just got off the phone with Pullman PD and they have it waiting for me at the front desk. Off I go
    And the peasants rejoiced! About friggin time.

-Badger
    1911 before dialing 911.

Post imported post

I think they were just sitting on it. They lady I picked it up from was saying that they were going to put it in the mail today, which would of just taken a couple of extra days to get to me.

I did think it was funny that the sheet of paper that the CPL is attached too has the pre-emption clause on it.

Post imported post

Some how I got mine within 30 min from tacoma.

Post imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
    Some how I got mine within 30 min from tacoma.
    Ya, my friend that lives in Palouse said the sheriff hand delivered his the same day. When I got finger printed and turned in the application the lady at the PD pretty much said they would take the full 30 days to get it to me. I guess Pullman just doesnt like to hand them out.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

With rare exceptions, you are better off going to see the Sheriff rather than any City Police Chief.