Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August Dinner

State Researcher

Post imported post

Or should P-town be sooner? :P

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Or should P-town be sooner? :P
    Sorry to hear about Jarhead's misfortune.
    As far as P-town goes, the sooner the better I'd think.
    Someone pick a time and place.
    All I ask is a little lead time, 24 Hrs should do it for me.
    This 1800 mile round trip for picinics in Washington is a killer but I'll do my best to be there and show support.

GW

Post imported post

Definately wanna make it to this to show support. That really sucks what happened to Jarhead!

Post imported post

i'm down too. i'm out of town on Aug 3rd though. i still vote for Trackside Pizza. i can call ahead and make arrangements with the mgmt if ya'll want. PPD definitely needs to learn about civil rights.

Bobby

Post imported post

Speaking on behalf of the Kent Open Carry Luncheon Committee (that would be Mrs Duck and myself) the above ad hoc comittee thinks, in their infinite committee-like wisdom that jarhead's incident in Puyallupo put Kent, and any reasons for a luncheon thare. on the back burner. Our entire comittee is behind a Puyallup lunch or dinner.

MD

Post imported post

count me in if I'm off.

Post imported post

As a long-time follower of the wisdom emmanating from the Kent Open Carry Luncheon Committee, I can do other action than as they suggest. I'll be there.

ETA: With PAMPHLETS!

Post imported post

My suggestion for a place was the city park downtown and everyone pick up take out and meet up there....
    Just give me a day, time and location...

Post imported post

Call it. I'm there!

Post imported post

I'm interested. I'll probably be in Portland the weekend of the 3rd, but I should be around after that.

Post imported post

I am very happy with all the support i have gotten over this deal and i cant thank all of you enough for what you are all doing. I would love to have a get together in Puyallup, I would like to file suit in court before we go just incase they PPD wishes to make our lunch a miserable one i will also see if i can get Randy Loun to join us for lunch.

"I regret to inform you officer that you will not be taking my gun today and please come over and meet the man who is sueing you for me" :celebrate

Post imported post

If you can wait until a bit later in the month, I'll be in Seattle and be able to attend.

Otherwise, it's a crap shoot for me.

Post imported post

Out of the mouth of babes....

My kid was sitting with me on the couch this morning and a Applebee's commercial came on. He wondered if the company would put up a video if everyone was carrying guns and having a good time. Gotta love kids and their wisdom of thought.

Post imported post

Cant wait til i move my family back to WA it will be fun to meet some more ocers and get out of the comunist wealth.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Out of the mouth of babes....

My kid was sitting with me on the couch this morning and a Applebee's commercial came on. He wondered if the company would put up a video if everyone was carrying guns and having a good time. Gotta love kids and their wisdom of thought.
    Your kid's a genius... and has a good head on his shoulders with respect to common sense.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

State Researcher

Post imported post

Ok guys. We need either a park or a resteraunt in Puyallup. And a fairly firm day. I work weekends, but if someone is coming from my neck of the woods I can carpool with and the meet is late enough...

But otherwise we should still try and nail this down.

Post imported post

I'm in- especially if it in early Aug. An army buddy/now copwants me to come do a ride along with him in Tacoma. We haven't picked a date yet, but I'm not to constrained. Sooner someone on the left coast picks a date the better for me- I can plan ahead.

Post imported post

You guys must know eachother. I am new to this website but I think it would be fun to attend an open carry event you guys have planned. I didn't know it was legal to carry openly until recently! I never see anybody doing it. Just send me the details and I'll show up.

Post imported post

jonjuan25 wrote:
    You guys must know eachother. I am new to this website but I think it would be fun to attend an open carry event you guys have planned. I didn't know it was legal to carry openly until recently! I never see anybody doing it. Just send me the details and I'll show up.
    Welcome to OCDO! I'm relatively new myself.

Post imported post

FYI; August 2nd & 3rd is a gun show weekend in Puyallup. Being that the gun show is in town I think you will find business more receptive.

There are 2 parks that I know of in the downtown area. One large one downtown and one smaller on the NE side. There is also the river side park off River road but parking is limited to about 8 vehicles.

Post imported post

ok, how about August 9th or 10th in the late afternoon/evening? the weather should be nice so an outdoor venue sounds great to me. i'm thinking we could all stop in our favorite take out place and all meet in one of the parks. i'd vote for the large one my the farmer's market/library. it might be fun to have the PPD chasing down MWAG calls all over town for a while.

Bobby

Post imported post

Bobarino wrote:
    ok, how about August 9th or 10th in the late afternoon/evening? the weather should be nice so an outdoor venue sounds great to me. i'm thinking we could all stop in our favorite take out place and all meet in one of the parks. i'd vote for the large one my the farmer's market/library. it might be fun to have the PPD chasing down MWAG calls all over town for a while.

Bobby
    I wouldn't call that fun at all. I'd call that rather disappointing. The idea here, at least in my opinion, is to go about our normal lives... while armed. Not to cause a ruckus or to tax the police force with reports of legal activities. Also, to educate those of the public that aren't familiar with some of the laws regarding firearms and to put a friendly face on gun ownership.

I personally believe the outright success of our group is when we can go through our daily lives and not worry about being accosted by a police officer, be called on by a "concerned" citizen to the police, or bad-mouthed by other citizens that think we shouldn't be allowed to protect ourselves from those that would wish to do us and those around us harm.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

State Researcher

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    I wouldn't call that fun at all. I'd call that rather disappointing. The idea here, at least in my opinion, is to go about our normal lives... while armed. Not to cause a ruckus or to tax the police force with reports of legal activities. Also, to educate those of the public that aren't familiar with some of the laws regarding firearms and to put a friendly face on gun ownership.

I personally believe the outright success of our group is when we can go through our daily lives and not worry about being accosted by a police officer, be called on by a "concerned" citizen to the police, or bad-mouthed by other citizens that think we shouldn't be allowed to protect ourselves from those that would wish to do us and those around us harm.
    Absolutely and totally correct. We don't want to be percieved as out to cause problems for the cops.

Post imported post

i was trying to be facetious. thats hard to convey in little back and white letters on a screen sometimes.

Bobby

Post imported post

Soooo...I know this is a committee, but we should try not to act like one. I know I'm new, but I'm gonna go ahead and say we should do it the weekend of the gun show (1-2 Aug). That way I have two excuses to some over. Anyone down? If notenoughfor a BBQ in the park,then please just PM me. I would love to meet some of the Wet side crew for lunchand a gun show. Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast