• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

August Dinner

Holey 1

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Or should P-town be sooner? :p
Sorry to hear about Jarhead's misfortune.
As far as P-town goes, the sooner the better I'd think.
Someone pick a time and place.
All I ask is a little lead time, 24 Hrs should do it for me.
This 1800 mile round trip for picinics in Washington is a killer but I'll do my best to be there and show support.

GW

Bobarino

imported post

i'm down too. i'm out of town on Aug 3rd though. i still vote for Trackside Pizza. i can call ahead and make arrangements with the mgmt if ya'll want. PPD definitely needs to learn about civil rights.

Bobby

Machoduck

imported post

Speaking on behalf of the Kent Open Carry Luncheon Committee (that would be Mrs Duck and myself) the above ad hoc comittee thinks, in their infinite committee-like wisdom that jarhead's incident in Puyallupo put Kent, and any reasons for a luncheon thare. on the back burner. Our entire comittee is behind a Puyallup lunch or dinner.

MD

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

As a long-time follower of the wisdom emmanating from the Kent Open Carry Luncheon Committee, I can do other action than as they suggest. I'll be there.

ETA: With PAMPHLETS!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

My suggestion for a place was the city park downtown and everyone pick up take out and meet up there....
Just give me a day, time and location...

jarhead1911A

imported post

I am very happy with all the support i have gotten over this deal and i cant thank all of you enough for what you are all doing. I would love to have a get together in Puyallup, I would like to file suit in court before we go just incase they PPD wishes to make our lunch a miserable one i will also see if i can get Randy Loun to join us for lunch.

"I regret to inform you officer that you will not be taking my gun today and please come over and meet the man who is sueing you for me" :celebrate

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Out of the mouth of babes....

My kid was sitting with me on the couch this morning and a Applebee's commercial came on. He wondered if the company would put up a video if everyone was carrying guns and having a good time. Gotta love kids and their wisdom of thought.

just_a_car

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Out of the mouth of babes....

My kid was sitting with me on the couch this morning and a Applebee's commercial came on. He wondered if the company would put up a video if everyone was carrying guns and having a good time. Gotta love kids and their wisdom of thought.
Your kid's a genius... and has a good head on his shoulders with respect to common sense.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Ok guys. We need either a park or a resteraunt in Puyallup. And a fairly firm day. I work weekends, but if someone is coming from my neck of the woods I can carpool with and the meet is late enough...

But otherwise we should still try and nail this down.

royAG46

imported post

I'm in- especially if it in early Aug. An army buddy/now copwants me to come do a ride along with him in Tacoma. We haven't picked a date yet, but I'm not to constrained. Sooner someone on the left coast picks a date the better for me- I can plan ahead.

jonjuan25

imported post

You guys must know eachother. I am new to this website but I think it would be fun to attend an open carry event you guys have planned. I didn't know it was legal to carry openly until recently! I never see anybody doing it. Just send me the details and I'll show up.

royAG46

imported post

jonjuan25 wrote:
You guys must know eachother. I am new to this website but I think it would be fun to attend an open carry event you guys have planned. I didn't know it was legal to carry openly until recently! I never see anybody doing it. Just send me the details and I'll show up.
Welcome to OCDO! I'm relatively new myself.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

FYI; August 2nd & 3rd is a gun show weekend in Puyallup. Being that the gun show is in town I think you will find business more receptive.

There are 2 parks that I know of in the downtown area. One large one downtown and one smaller on the NE side. There is also the river side park off River road but parking is limited to about 8 vehicles.