• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

August Dinner

Bobarino

imported post

ok, how about August 9th or 10th in the late afternoon/evening? the weather should be nice so an outdoor venue sounds great to me. i'm thinking we could all stop in our favorite take out place and all meet in one of the parks. i'd vote for the large one my the farmer's market/library. it might be fun to have the PPD chasing down MWAG calls all over town for a while.

Bobby

just_a_car

imported post

Bobarino wrote:
ok, how about August 9th or 10th in the late afternoon/evening? the weather should be nice so an outdoor venue sounds great to me. i'm thinking we could all stop in our favorite take out place and all meet in one of the parks. i'd vote for the large one my the farmer's market/library. it might be fun to have the PPD chasing down MWAG calls all over town for a while.

Bobby
I wouldn't call that fun at all. I'd call that rather disappointing. The idea here, at least in my opinion, is to go about our normal lives... while armed. Not to cause a ruckus or to tax the police force with reports of legal activities. Also, to educate those of the public that aren't familiar with some of the laws regarding firearms and to put a friendly face on gun ownership.

I personally believe the outright success of our group is when we can go through our daily lives and not worry about being accosted by a police officer, be called on by a "concerned" citizen to the police, or bad-mouthed by other citizens that think we shouldn't be allowed to protect ourselves from those that would wish to do us and those around us harm.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I wouldn't call that fun at all. I'd call that rather disappointing. The idea here, at least in my opinion, is to go about our normal lives... while armed. Not to cause a ruckus or to tax the police force with reports of legal activities. Also, to educate those of the public that aren't familiar with some of the laws regarding firearms and to put a friendly face on gun ownership.

I personally believe the outright success of our group is when we can go through our daily lives and not worry about being accosted by a police officer, be called on by a "concerned" citizen to the police, or bad-mouthed by other citizens that think we shouldn't be allowed to protect ourselves from those that would wish to do us and those around us harm.
Absolutely and totally correct. We don't want to be percieved as out to cause problems for the cops.

royAG46

imported post

Soooo...I know this is a committee, but we should try not to act like one. I know I'm new, but I'm gonna go ahead and say we should do it the weekend of the gun show (1-2 Aug). That way I have two excuses to some over. Anyone down? If notenoughfor a BBQ in the park,then please just PM me. I would love to meet some of the Wet side crew for lunchand a gun show. Thanks guys.

Trigger Dr

imported post

The gunshow is the 2 & 3rd, and I will have a table with OC pamphlets. I changed my plans. OC is more important that a 500 yd match.

royAG46

imported post

How bout we plan on 1700 on the 2nd. What's a good place near the show? Preferably nice, I don't get Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc. much out here in redneck ville:D. Somebody call it.

jbone

imported post

tanman wrote:
How bout we plan on 1700 on the 2nd. What's a good place near the show? Preferably nice, I don't get Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc. much out here in redneck ville:D. Somebody call it.
OLIVE GARDEN IS ON THE DO NOT PATRONIZE LIST

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Red Lobster, Olive Garden are owned by the same company. Their customer service team stopped responding to my email. First they told me on LEo then they told me they are covered by RCW 9.41.300 - (d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age.

Either they have stopped responding or they turned it over to the legal team to sort out. Either way I can make the Zupa Toscana at home.

holeinhead

imported post

Just got my CPL so I can finally carry practically. :monkey

Looking forward to this. I need to make sure I have the day or at least time of the day off to go, so +1 to tanman's request for someone to call the time and place. Personal request is someplace not thai since I'm allergic to nuts.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Sorry folks but I won't be making this event due to a death in the family. One good thing about this trip, I'll be in a Gold Star Open Carry State (Kentucky).

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am not sure what kind of venue your guys have the meetings at, but we could eat at Jack In The Box. (Not that i want to, but it'sjust a thought)I am sure lots of people will pass through there going to and from the gun show.

royAG46

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
Outback Steakhousewhat about this one on12920 Meridian E
Puyallup, WA 98373
Outback is a great place. I'm down. Never had any problems at Olive Garden in tri-cities, but then again I usually get taken for a cop. I was wearing a shirt, tie and slacks.