• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

August Dinner

compmanio365

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
Outback Steakhousewhat about this one on12920 Meridian E
Puyallup, WA 98373
Sounds like a good eat.........but not very public. I don't think being inside a building is going to get a lot of publicity from the public. Hence why we were looking at a public park to kind of have a take-out picnic........also, isn't Outback pretty expensive? I'm just a po-boy from the ghetto.....:p

Holey 1

imported post

Tick tock tick tock, 12 days later....

Are you guys testn' my 24 hr notice claim or does it always take this long to plan these spontaneous events? Not bein' critical, just curious.
If I make an 18 hr notice pledge would that help spur someone into picking a time and place? How about a threat? There's a gonna be a lot a verbal harrassment shoveled out if someone from Nevada has to travel all the way to downtown Puyallup to pick a time and place for this event. Oh the shame of it all. Ya never know, could be enough to cause Bear to hang his head and not encite a riot for a full thirty seconds......naaaah.

Seriously, when and where? Not so terribly difficult is it?

GW

Bear 45/70

imported post

Holey 1 wrote:
Tick tock tick tock, 12 days later....

Are you guys testn' my 24 hr notice claim or does it always take this long to plan these spontaneous events? Not bein' critical, just curious.
If I make an 18 hr notice pledge would that help spur someone into picking a time and place? How about a threat? There's a gonna be a lot a verbal harrassment shoveled out if someone from Nevada has to travel all the way to downtown Puyallup to pick a time and place for this event. Oh the shame of it all. Ya never know, could be enough to cause Bear to hang his head and not encite a riot for a full thirty seconds......naaaah.

Seriously, when and where? Not so terribly difficult is it?

GW
RoflLg.gif

jbone

imported post

Didn't know they banned firearms in parks, looks like9.20.020 could cause issue as well . :shock:

PUYALLUP MUNICIPAL CODE
9.20.050 Fireworks, firearms, and weapons.
It is unlawful to shoot, fire or explode any fireworks, firecrackers, torpedos or explosives of any kind or to carry any firearms, air guns, bows and arrows, B-B guns, or use any slingshot in any park unless a written permit has been obtained from the parks director. (Ord. 2840 §2, 2005; Ord. 2105 § 2, 1986; Ord. 1733 § 4, 1978).
9.20.020 Certain erections prohibited :celebrate

Bear 45/70

imported post

jbone wrote:
Didn't know they banned firearms in parks, looks like9.20.020 could cause issue as well . :shock:

PUYALLUP MUNICIPAL CODE
9.20.050 Fireworks, firearms, and weapons.
It is unlawful to shoot, fire or explode any fireworks, firecrackers, torpedos or explosives of any kind or to carry any firearms, air guns, bows and arrows, B-B guns, or use any slingshot in any park unless a written permit has been obtained from the parks director. (Ord. 2840 §2, 2005; Ord. 2105 § 2, 1986; Ord. 1733 § 4, 1978).
9.20.020 Certain erections prohibited :celebrate
The only issue this littlelaw of theirswould cause is that state law preempts it and it is null and void.

Holey 1

imported post

7:53 to 8:03
That's a full ten minutes Bear!
Were ya hangin' yer head in shame too?
Don't feel bad, I'm with ya buddy.
Perhaps you were just headed to the woods fer just a bit.
But if I don't see a time and place at least seriously suggested soon, I'ma headed thata way and pickin' a place all by my lonesome. I do realize that without obtainin' O-fficial O-thority from the commitee, that I may be a sittin' there all alone but at least I'll be a sittin' there fer sumpin' I believe in.
You up fer it?

GW

Bear 45/70

imported post

Holey 1 wrote:
7:53 to 8:03
That's a full ten minutes Bear!
Were ya hangin' yer head in shame too?
Don't feel bad, I'm with ya buddy.
Perhaps you were just headed to the woods fer just a bit.
But if I don't see a time and place at least seriously suggested soon, I'ma headed thata way and pickin' a place all by my lonesome. I do realize that without obtainin' O-fficial O-thority from the commitee, that I may be a sittin' there all alone but at least I'll be a sittin' there fer sumpin' I believe in.
You up fer it?

GW
I can't and won't call anything on this one. At this time I won't be attending as I have a commitment elsewhere. However I do understand your frustration. You can always come up and visit me. Maybe go do some shooting (weather permitting) and if this event happens you can attend.

Holey 1

imported post

OK then, you can cheer me on from afar as I sit there all by myself and drink sodypop in protest.
Perhaps i can get arrested for excessive sugar cunsumption in public. They seem to like to make up rules as they go. I should start a list of suggestions for them. Got any ideas?

GW

Bear 45/70

imported post

Holey 1 wrote:
OK then, you can cheer me on from afar as I sit there all by myself and drink sodypop in protest.
Perhaps i can get arrested for excessive sugar cunsumption in public. They seem to like to make up rules as they go. I should start a list of suggestions for them. Got any ideas?

GW
They should arrest you for being from Nevada.:shock::lol:

Holey 1

imported post

Been there, done that.
That's part of the reason I need to finish moving from Washington (been at it for seven months now). Soon I'll have all the houses sold and the bussiness down here.
Till then it's back and forth to keep you guys on yer toes.
Nothin' really happening around here. No real controversies here, no screaming antigun zelots, no emotional appeals to ban all guns on tv, not even any funny looks or "is that a real gun?" questions. I like it!
Buuut, if they'd like to hassel me again for being from out of state then I guess it's a reasonable charge in the eyes of some, and we can go around about it again if they choose.
I thought you'd have something better in mind, more outlandish.

GW

Bear 45/70

imported post

Holey 1 wrote:
Been there, done that.
That's part of the reason I need to finish moving from Washington (been at it for seven months now). Soon I'll have all the houses sold and the bussiness down here.
Till then it's back and forth to keep you guys on yer toes.
Nothin' really happening around here. No real controversies here, no screaming antigun zelots, no emotional appeals to ban all guns on tv, not even any funny looks or "is that a real gun?" questions. I like it!
Buuut, if they'd like to hassel me again for being from out of state then I guess it's a reasonable charge in the eyes of some, and we can go around about it again if they choose.
I thought you'd have something better in mind, more outlandish.

GW
You do realize that a Nevadian is just a leftist Kalifornian don't you?:shock::p

Holey 1

imported post

We're actually to the right of commufornia. East as it were.
Careful Bear, yer jelousy is a showin".

GW

Holey 1

imported post

Bear I'll have to continue this in a few days. Got bad guys to go catch.
Somebody please pick a time and place.
Later

GW

Bear 45/70

imported post

Holey 1 wrote:
We're actually to the right of commufornia. East as it were.
Careful Bear, yer jelousy is a showin".

GW
Jealous of living in Nevada? Not likely. I lived there back in the good old days. I was stationed at Nellis early '71 to late '72.

just_a_car

imported post

Alright folks, I'm going to call it:

Pioneer Park
324 S. Meridian
Puyallup, WA

(About four blocks North of the Fairgrounds' NE entrance)
Sunday August 3rd, 2008 2:00PM until people leave

Plus, this is the weekend of the WAC gun show at the Puyallup Fairgrounds, so folks can make a day of it.

Just like last month's, bring food and we'll have another picnic/BBQ type outing.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It sounds great. However, I got a free weekend and a chance to attend a FAS course up in Arlington - so I'm going to miss this one.

There were a few folks who were going to get their WA Gun Rights Pamphlets at this meet up. Are there any volunteers to take a box (pre-counted) of pamphlets and distro them as needed?

I can deliver them to you this week during an evening if someone who can help out.

Thanks,
Jim

Nivek

imported post

Hi, all! I'm pretty new to this forum, and OC, but seeing as how I'll be on leave this weekend, and the WAC show is in town too, I can't really justify NOT going to the picnic. Would love to meet some of you guys, and probably could learn a lot, too.
What kind of food do y'all want? My specialties are a kind of hawaiian meatball (toothpick food), cookies, or banana bread ... I also do pumpkin pie, but it's not quite in season yet :p

~Kevin