• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Booted from the.....

just_a_car

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
Do Not Patronize. For businesses thatenforce anti-self defense policies.
Yup, and the WA DNP list can be found here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3630.html

Updated and maintained by your's truly. :cool:

And I STILL don't see Applebee's on the Pro-gun list. (insert tapping-foot smiley here)
Okay, point me to where you saw something that qualified them under the rules for the Pro-Gun List. Complaining without offering a solution is just that... complaining. Kinda the same reason I offered the Pro-Gun List along with the DNP and Watch List.

Phssthpok

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Okay, point me to where you saw something that qualified them under the rules for the Pro-Gun List. Complaining without offering a solution is just that... complaining. Kinda the same reason I offered the Pro-Gun List along with the DNP and Watch List.

I will also add a Pro-Gun business list so we can take our money to those businesses that have specifically said it's okay or promote our carry. This does not mean "Hey, I went here and had no issues," it means that someone that works there (preferably a manager or supervisor) actually noticed the gun and said something positive about it. I figure I should keep this list as well, since as the saying goes "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem", so I'm going to make sure we have other places to frequent that offer the services the anti-gun businesses offer so we can take our money there.
While he didn't actually notice the sidearm and respond positively himself, it has been established that Applebee's (at least roughly 80% on the west coast...the ones operated by Applegrove) mirrors state laws with regard to defensive impliments.....Dale Simonton says so!:p

kenshin

imported post

G27 wrote:
There is no actual sign that has a gun marked out, but on the entrance on the doors that I know for sure by the food court areas there is a code of conduct is transparent letters on the doors and it clearly says all weapons are prohibited. I wasn't trying to start a fight, just stating that while I don't agree with it I know it is posted.
I'll concede that when I went back I checked the food court entrance and the code of conduct was posted there. But it is incredibly difficult to see let alone read due to the near transparancy of the letters. And that's the only entrance that I could find with that posted.

kenshin

imported post

Got an email back from Rene Morris the senior property manager at the Kitsap Mall. It seems that the code of conduct does in fact come from Macerich themselves. She was supposed to include a copy of the code, I wanted to post it here but she convienently forgot to attach it. The paper version I have though does clearly say no weapons. When I get home I'll be writing a letter to them explaining why I'll never return to the Kitsap Mall or the other two. If everybody else would like to pitch in here is

Rene's email:
rene.morris@westcor.com

and Connie, the senior PR manager for Macerich:
connie.cook@macerich.com

just_a_car:

can we get these three malls added to the DNP list. Kitsap Mall, Redmond Town Center and the Cascade Mall. All three are owned by Macerich and have the same policy.

just_a_car

imported post

kenshin wrote:
just_a_car:

can we get these three malls added to the DNP list. Kitsap Mall, Redmond Town Center and the Cascade Mall. All three are owned by Macerich and have the same policy.
Done. They're all up there until we hear otherwise.

Quite a few malls up there... funny, you tend to hear about shootings happening in malls a lot, go figure.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Done. They're all up there until we hear otherwise.

Quite a few malls up there... funny, you tend to hear about shootings happening in malls a lot, go figure.
Funny you never hear about shootings at police stations or gun ranges...