• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in jefferson county

beagleman

imported post

anyone know the what jefferson countys law says for OC,particulary the festus area.

thanks

Article1section23

imported post

beagleman wrote:
anyone know the what jefferson countys law says for OC,particulary the festus area.

thanks

Beagle,

Arnold is the only town that had a ban last time I checked.

beagleman

imported post

thanks to deepdiver and shawn , i haven't found any ord. against oc anywhere but i didn't look at arnold,,,, beagleman

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You are most welcome to the little assistance I offered. Let us know how it goes when you start OCing. I travel through there a lot on the way to and from STL, but if you have some positive experiences OC I may have to stop by to get gas, soda or maybe even a quick bite.

SOVEREIGN ARMS LLC

imported post

Hello there:

Matt from Sovereign Arms LLC in St. Louis.

I looked up the code for Festus and it seems as though the only weapons violations apply to unauthorized CONCEALED weapons:

Sec. 18-149. Weapons.
(a) Carrying. Whoever shall, within this city, carry concealed upon or about his person any deadly or dangerous weapon or any pistol, revolver, bowie knife, dirk, dagger, razor, knucks of brass, lead, iron or other metal, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) Sale to minors. Any person who shall, within this city, directly or indirectly sell, deliver, loan or barter to any minor any kind of firearm, bowie knife, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other deadly weapon without first obtaining the consent of the parent or guardian of such minor in writing to do so shall, upon conviction thereof, be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor.
(c) Discharging. Any person who shall within the city fire, or discharge any rifle, shotgun, carbine, musket, pistol, revolver or other firearm, or any spring gun or air gun, or who shall throw any pebbles, metal or other hard substances by hand or by means of a sling, crossbow, rubber band or bow or by any other means shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor.
(d) Exceptions. The provisions of this section shall not apply to the chief of police or to police of state or county officers nor to any officers or persons whose duty it is to execute process or warrants or to suppress breaches of the peace or to make arrests nor to persons traveling peaceably through this state.
(Code 1975, § 240.560)
State law references: Weapons generally, RSMo Ch. 571.

We are MO/Florida Concealed carry instructors NRA Instructors/ Licensed FFL dealer:

www.sovereignarms.com

beagleman

imported post

Thank you Matt for the info.. I have a CC permit and would not OC for reaction only but there are times when I am going hunting or running my dogs that I put one on my hip and may stop for gas,etc. ,,Beagle

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thank you Matt. Appreciate the input. Next time I need gas up that way (which is about weekly) I'll now make Festus my gas and soda stop.

ETA: Where is SOVEREIGN ARMS located?

SOVEREIGN ARMS LLC

imported post

Hello Matt at SOVEREIGN ARMS LLC HERE:

We are in between Arnold and Fenton near 141 and 21 HWY.

I own an Automotive Collision Repair and Mechanical facility and the gun shop is on premises.

Check out our E COMMERCE store at:
http://www.sovereignarms.com/store/index.html
:celebrate For most firearms at about 10-15% over cost>

If you don't see what you're looking for online just give us a call.(314)766-2220.

Thanks