Thread: Centralia Gun and Knife Show this weekend?

Post imported post

Has anyone been to this show and is it worth the drive?

I'm currently looking for an SD barrel for my Rem 870 so either a 18.5" Moss 500 or Rem or maybe longer and I'll cut it down.

I also want to look around at 1911's I've been kicking it around and I just talked to my dad and he wants to pick one up too. He lives in central washington but if I can find something in his price range I'll pick it up for him.

Post imported post

I know you can buy the 18.5" 870 police barrels with or with out rifle sights for about $130 shipped on gunbroker... If need be,

Post imported post

This is one of the shows I like better than WAC, but alas they make you unload and tie your gun too. Last time I went they had no unload barrel either.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    This is one of the shows I like better than WAC, but alas they make you unload and tie your gun too. Last time I went they had no unload barrel either.
    Correct. The June event in Puyallup they had a clearing barrel out front. One does wonder what would happen if there was a ND while clearing? Possible charges??

Although they zip tied the 45, it was so thin it will not keep you from using it if you had to. I broke mine charging the slide to the rear to reload. Very thin & flimsy vinyl, not the hard poly stuff most think about.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Correct. The June event in Puyallup they had a clearing barrel out front. One does wonder what would happen if there was a ND while clearing? Possible charges??

Although they zip tied the 45, it was so thin it will not keep you from using it if you had to. I broke mine charging the slide to the rear to reload. Very thin & flimsy vinyl, not the hard poly stuff most think about.
    WAC or Centrailia? I was referring to the southern show.

Post imported post

I was at the WAC show in Puyallup.
    Must rmember what thread I am writing about...

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    I was at the WAC show in Puyallup.
    Must rmember what thread I am writing about...
    You can always claim it's caused by an old war injury................Too much alcohol!

Post imported post

Not worth the drive or the entrance fee, IMHO. Last time I went down the street to the gun store and found much better deals. They said gun show day is a good business day for them.

Post imported post

You can always claim it's caused by an old war injury................Too much alcohol!
    had I been spending that money at the gun shows instead of some club... lord knows what my collection would look like...

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    had I been spending that money at the gun shows instead of some club... lord knows what my collection would look like...
    I quit drinking and smoking in 1967. Race cars, race boats, guns, ATVs, pleasure boats, cars as a hobbyall paid for because I didn't drink or smoke.

Post imported post

t3rmin wrote:
    Not worth the drive or the entrance fee, IMHO. Last time I went down the street to the gun store and found much better deals. They said gun show day is a good business day for them.
    This is usually true of most gun shows. But every once in a while you find that good steal, or you find a private seller with something nice or you at least make contacts with certain people...

One of the more recent Spokane ones was a Gun Show and an Antique Show connected... Got nothing from the gun section, butIended up getting an early 1900'scopy of the"Modern Prometheus" (frankenstein) that was in fantastic shape for a dollar.