• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Centralia Gun and Knife Show this weekend?

Nosrac

imported post

Has anyone been to this show and is it worth the drive?

I'm currently looking for an SD barrel for my Rem 870 so either a 18.5" Moss 500 or Rem or maybe longer and I'll cut it down.

I also want to look around at 1911's I've been kicking it around and I just talked to my dad and he wants to pick one up too. He lives in central washington but if I can find something in his price range I'll pick it up for him.

Bear 45/70

imported post

This is one of the shows I like better than WAC, but alas they make you unload and tie your gun too. Last time I went they had no unload barrel either.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
This is one of the shows I like better than WAC, but alas they make you unload and tie your gun too. Last time I went they had no unload barrel either.
Correct. The June event in Puyallup they had a clearing barrel out front. One does wonder what would happen if there was a ND while clearing? Possible charges??

Although they zip tied the 45, it was so thin it will not keep you from using it if you had to. I broke mine charging the slide to the rear to reload. Very thin & flimsy vinyl, not the hard poly stuff most think about.

Bear 45/70

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Correct. The June event in Puyallup they had a clearing barrel out front. One does wonder what would happen if there was a ND while clearing? Possible charges??

Although they zip tied the 45, it was so thin it will not keep you from using it if you had to. I broke mine charging the slide to the rear to reload. Very thin & flimsy vinyl, not the hard poly stuff most think about.
WAC or Centrailia? I was referring to the southern show.

Bear 45/70

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
WAC or Centrailia? I was referring to the southern show.
I was at the WAC show in Puyallup.
Must rmember what thread I am writing about...:banghead:
You can always claim it's caused by an old war injury................Too much alcohol!
RoflLg.gif

t3rmin

imported post

Not worth the drive or the entrance fee, IMHO. Last time I went down the street to the gun store and found much better deals. They said gun show day is a good business day for them.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

You can always claim it's caused by an old war injury................Too much alcohol!
had I been spending that money at the gun shows instead of some club... lord knows what my collection would look like...

Bear 45/70

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
had I been spending that money at the gun shows instead of some club... lord knows what my collection would look like...
I quit drinking and smoking in 1967. Race cars, race boats, guns, ATVs, pleasure boats, cars as a hobbyall paid for because I didn't drink or smoke.:D

David.Car

imported post

t3rmin wrote:
Not worth the drive or the entrance fee, IMHO. Last time I went down the street to the gun store and found much better deals. They said gun show day is a good business day for them.
This is usually true of most gun shows. But every once in a while you find that good steal, or you find a private seller with something nice or you at least make contacts with certain people...

One of the more recent Spokane ones was a Gun Show and an Antique Show connected... Got nothing from the gun section, butIended up getting an early 1900'scopy of the"Modern Prometheus" (frankenstein) that was in fantastic shape for a dollar.