• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Full Size 9mm Concealment

Dr.Coy

imported post

Okay I am employed by the bank... I wear dress pants and tucked in dress shirts or golf shirts everyday to work. Is there a holster or concealment item I can purchase for my full size Taurus 24/7 PRO 9mm?

I saw concealment tshirts that resemble BodyArmour material and fit, but there is a heavily stitched holster made of that spandex nylon material that holds the gun tightly to your ribs underneath your arm. It is like a shoulder holster only attached to the shirt itself. They run about $40 bucks.

Anyone had experience with these, or do you have any recommendations for me?

pgroup_30_13_400x600__shadow.jpg

pgroup_30_15_400x600__shadow.jpg

David.Car

imported post

Dr.Coy wrote:
That is a pretty sweet holster. It says it holds Taurus PT models, think it will hold my 24/7 model?

They are just a phone call away. And they also have GREAT customer support. They will send you email notices at every stage. Order, production beginning, shipping.

Mine came with a hand written thank you and the name of the maker of my particular holster... and some candy... :) mmmm candy...

Dr.Coy

imported post

Those look awesome! I am going to get one. I am going to get a deep concealment combat holster and a velcroe belt, unless you think I should make one of my belts velcroe myself.

Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for because I always have to tuck my shirts in, I rarely get to wear plain clothes with a shirt untucked so this will be amazing. Cant wait to order it when my next paycheck arrives. haha

And my 9mm is full size so it has been difficult finding nice ones, and then when I would they didnt make them for my 24/7 this is exciting!

Liko81

Founder's Club Member

Dr.Coy

imported post

Okay sweet. I cant access that website from work, i can access the crossbreed though. i will have to check this one when I get home. THis is cool though, thank you all for helping me! it is nice to know there is a community out there to help others who ask lots of questions... haha but im never embarrassed to ask a question.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

I know this might not be the answer you're looking for, but maybe it's time to make this an excuse to buy a new, smaller, concealment weapon. Something along the lines of a Taurus PT111 (small 9mm version of your gun) or a Smith 642 or Keltec PF-9 or Kahr 9mm or whatever else. It is a LOT easier to carry a smaller gun that operates in a similar manner (hence the PT111) to your full-size piece, than to try and carry your full-sized gun under cover clothing that doesn't provide much room for error. Any of the smaller guns I mentioned above work well in an ankle holster. I'm kinda in your same situation. I wear a suit and tie all day, and have a lot of interaction with the public, but I end up taking off my suit jacket often, making a traditional IWB or OWB holster impossible. My Kahr 9mm is always on my ankle, with a reload in a pocket, which gets me to 14 rounds of Federal 147gr HST.

Much more comforting than being unarmed, and much more comfortable than fighting to keep my 5" 1911 or a full-sized GLOCK hidden all day.

Eeyore

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
How well would a Crossbreed work with an XD9 Tactical on someone, say, 5'9 and 165lbs?
I'm a bit taller & skinnier than you, and I wouldn't recommend trying to IWB a gun that size at all.

The XD Tactical (5" barrel) is not designed for concealed carry. Concealing any 8" long pistol(like a full-size 1911 or M9) inside your waistbandwill be tricky. I'm not saying can't work, I'm just saying it will probably be awkward and print noticably unless you wear baggy clothes. For that size, I think you'd be better off with a belt holster under a coat.

like_the_roman

imported post

Eeyore wrote:
I'm a bit taller & skinnier than you, and I wouldn't recommend trying to IWB a gun that size at all.

The XD Tactical (5" barrel) is not designed for concealed carry.  Concealing any 8" long pistol (like a full-size 1911 or M9) inside your waistband will be tricky.  I'm not saying can't work, I'm just saying it will probably be awkward and print noticably unless you wear baggy clothes.  For that size, I think you'd be better off with a belt holster under a coat.

I figured as much.

The XD does conceal nicely with my Serpa under a coat - too bad 11 months out of the year it's too hot to wear one in Tucson.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Have you looked into concealment vest? They are vest with inside pocket for your weapon. May hang low on one side though, if your piece is a heavyweight.

Or just wear a normal vest over your holstered weapon.

Just a thought.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just wanted to say that I've gotten that kangaroo shoulder holster and it works great. It sits under the arm nicely and conceals under any normal fitting shirt.

Dr.Coy

imported post

Cool, I will have to read up on it some more. Yeah my only issue is, my 9mm is a full size, and it isnt exactly light. But its not incredibly heavy... its a perfect weight for me.

Dont know. I'm struggling to see something that convinces me it will really work. It is hard to conceal a full size. I am a banker, so I guess I could pull of the vest look. That would seem to make sense...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dr.Coy wrote:
Cool, I will have to read up on it some more. Yeah my only issue is, my 9mm is a full size, and it isnt exactly light. But its not incredibly heavy... its a perfect weight for me.

Dont know. I'm struggling to see something that convinces me it will really work. It is hard to conceal a full size. I am a banker, so I guess I could pull of the vest look. That would seem to make sense...

Yeah, I think you would be "stylin'" at work if you can find some nice vest to wear over a side shoulder holster. Want to make sure you get at least one Riverboat Gambler's vest, for those special occasions at work.

If youy don't want to wear the vest buttoned up all the time, get a gold/silver pocket watch chain, to run between the front pockets to keep the fronts of the vest from flopping open as you move about.

I'm tellin' ya man, you'll be lookin "dapper" at work.

Dr.Coy

imported post

hehe. yeah. I am really starting to lean towards the device I posted in the original post. Since I wear buttoned up dress shirts or "golf" type shirts almost 7 days a week... that part of your shirt is always "expanded" and is never hugged against my rib cage... im not a really big guy...

5'11 or 6'0ft... 170lbs. i have some muscle but my body type would never be that of a really "muscular" guy.

so i figure my shirt would help conceal a lot of the gun under my arm... and who really looks there to begin with? Kind of an obscure spot... so i am really leaning towards that choice... i tuck in my shirts most of the time unless im in relaxed clothing... so in pants hip holsters are kind of obtrusive and cumbersome with my full sized 9mm

David.Car

imported post

Dr.Coy wrote:

I carry a Sig P226 in 9mm. Double stack full size pistol. I CC the majority of the time in an MTAC and I easily get away with it with just a medium fitting shirt.

If that helps at all?