• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Full Size 9mm Concealment

Dr.Coy

imported post

asforme wrote:
Just wanted to say that I've gotten that kangaroo shoulder holster and it works great. It sits under the arm nicely and conceals under any normal fitting shirt.
i have a full sized 9mm, what size is your firearm? if you havea full sized firearm, i may purchase that also. if it is really working out well for u

Dr.Coy

imported post

I just ordered the kangaroo Air Marshall version from deepconceal.com

Hope this works out! It was only $30, so shouldnt be too big of an investment flop.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have a full size Glock 21SF. It conceals fine on me, YMMV of course but I think it's an acceptable solution for deep concealment as most people will never notice anything under your arm anyway. I do wish the gun sat a little bit deeper in the holser, it seems designed for a slightly shorter barrel, but it covers the trigger guard and the retention strap holds it in nicely. I got the air marshal version as well.

Dr.Coy

imported post

sweet! im excited for mine to come in... how many weeks did it take for yours to arrive in the mail? said two to three weeks on the order form...

Dr.Coy

imported post

Lucky! You live close, haha. Yeah my frame is about 7.125", i think the 21SFs are like 7.60" at least wikipedia said so. So if yours fits mine should fit I think. I'm excited. I cannot wait to try it out either.

Dr.Coy

imported post

Okay. Kangaroo (AM) holster arrived. Opened it up... I was like, MAN this is way too small my gun wont fit in there. But I put it on, and amazingly my gun fit in the holster! I was like SWEEEEET!! Also, the company sent me a check to pay for the sales Tax. Pretty cool.

Anyways, if you have a full size firearm... I SINCERELY suggest you get this Kangaroo Air Marshall holster. It is not cumbersome like a IWB holster would be for this size of a firearm. I can wear pretty much any dress or tshirt with it. The only shirt I noticed a problem with was a shirt that was made in a way that it fit closely to my ribcage. Okay so I have one shirt I cannot wear it with... big whoop. Oh and not to mention if I decide to wear a jacket then that is just overkill in hiding it... it hides fine with just a regular shirt/dress shirt.

:celebrate:monkey

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Holster or the CHP?

VA limits the CHP fee to $50, plus I had to take a $40 safety class.

I got the holster from the same place you did.

David.Car

imported post

Dr.Coy wrote:
yeah the CHP... supposedly i heard that the application fee is $117

EEEEK! I am a newly wed that is expensive... ack..
All depends on your state. You will get much better information on it from the Florida forum.

Dr.Coy

imported post

Still love my KANGAROO AM holster. If any of you have a larger handgun, get this holster. it works!

also, i live in florida, it came within justa couple days! fast delivery.

Dr.Coy

imported post

anytime. yeah i had questions about it... but for $30 (thats including taxes) i figured hey... worth a shot...

as soon as I actually have time to have my wife take a picture of it on me with and without an overshirt i will post them for a better review....

diver, is your gun a full size or a compact?

texas red

imported post

I am waiting on my cc permit and i looking for deep conceal holsters. I have been reading about the kangaroo holster and found this forum. has anyone out there used this with a Taurus pt 145? if so how did it fit? how was the weight? did the butt of the grip stick out?
Thanks

texas red

imported post

I have that gun as well and I didn't think I could conceal it. I am 6 foot about 155 lbs so I don't have a lot of options.

Dr.Coy

imported post

I am 5'11" or 6'0", i vary now and then from 158-170lbs... works on me!

yeah im in the same situation... i tuck my shirts in a lot due to my occupation... the kangaroo AM holster is cool. it works well!! i just cant wear anything that is super form fitting to my ribs... other than that, the holster works great... my gun buddies and family when i first tried it on, didnt know i had my firearm on me until i said hey watch this... lifted up my shirt and exposed my firearm...

its only $30!!! well worth it, it is fast shipping and a small investment....

now grant it, it doesnt have the accessability of a IWB or anything. BUT, at least you have something on you...

texas red

imported post

hey thanks! That is the kind of info I've been looking for. I usually always have a tucked in shirt or even a tie where I work. Thanks again