• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Full Size 9mm Concealment

Dr.Coy

imported post

anytime... and i figure for $30 you could buy a new one every year if you had to, hahaha. but i have heard, and since i have had mine, they seem to be very durable...

MITCH

imported post

My only concern, and it appears that that is a concern with others I've heard from is that everything written about the Kangroo is true, but the concern seems to be "how do you ever draw from the holster"? It appears that you would have to first unbutton several buttons on your shirt.

Anyone have any answers to this concern.

Thank's,

Mitch

Dr.Coy

imported post

I do. Since I have the Kangaroo AM holster, and a full sized 9mm, and I also 95% of the time have my shirts tucked in and buttoned up.

#1- Yes, you will have to somehow get through the outer layer of clothing, weather it be a tshirt or a button up or a sweater.

#2- The weapon is not difficult to pull out, trust me just practice enough either untucking your shirt, or reaching through the collar, or unbuttoning your shirt to unholster the weapon. Pretty soon, you will find it is not that cumbersome. (i read where one proffessional had stitched his buttons to the front of the shirt and made two of the buttons actually velcroe)

#3- The weapon IS difficult to put back into the holster with another layer of clothing on top. So I either pull my arm out of the sleeve or pull that part of the shirt up onto my shoulder.

I had looked at the shirts with the holster stitched the location the kangaroo holster holds the firearm. BUT, consider this... if you sweat, you really want to wash that shirt everytime you have to wear it? I wouldnt. That is ridiculous and that product is more expensive AND the kangaroo you can wash every once in a while... it is basically shoulder hoslter for concealment.

MITCH

imported post

Thank's for the reply Dr.Coy. For $30 I'll give it a try. The worst that can happen is it will find a resting place with all the others in the "dead" holster box.

Here in S. Arizona in the summer concealment is a big problem.

Mitch

Dr.Coy

imported post

Yeah I can understand the summer heat, especially being in Florida our humidity is aweful here in Panama. But, I would rather have my firearm on me and out of sight, then not have it.

Good luck, and I am sure you will love your Kangaroo. Get the AM (air marshall) version though. when it comes in the mail you will see the slot for the firearm, and you will say oh my gosh my full size 9 will not fit in there... but it will. also you will have to play with the adjustments and get it sitting where you want it... it only took me about 45 seconds to get it how i wanted...

also, i figured hey small investment, and until my situation changes, get a new weapon or find something else... this will do the job and help me feel i have a fighting chance if anything should go horribly wrong.

texas red

imported post

i too have heard the same thing about stitching one or two buttons on and sewing a piece of velcro from someone who was serious about getting to their weapon fast...one difficulty i might have is being left handed and button up shirts opening better towards a right handed person. but with practice i'm sure it could be mastered.

Dr.Coy

imported post

hehe yeah.... good point.

of course you could practice simutaneously opening the shirt with your right hand slipping in with your left...

at any rate... in a real situation, i doubt a couple buttons with stop someone from getting to protection. i plan on just ripping my buttons off if i need to access my firearm right away.

SilentE

imported post

I don't suppose anyone has suggested Thunderwear? It comes in different configurations & is very comfortable. I've used mine daily for over a year at a time. The only thing I could complain about is that, after a while, the elastic gets a little stretched out. And the customer support is great. When I did complain about the elastic, they replaced the holster- no questions asked. Best deal for under $50 you're gonna find.
http://www.thunderwear.com

texas red

imported post

ive seen thunderwear as well as cell pal and i just dont think i could get used to my pistol in that position. I am getting up and down all day so it seems like it would get uncomfortable after awhile.

Dr.Coy

imported post

I plan on buying a crossbreed soon also...

The Kangaroo AM rocks dont get me wrong, but it is strange to draw your firearm from that position under a shirt. BUT IT IS PERFECT, totally conceals what you have.

But I want a crossbreed for different occasions, like shooting range and stuff. Or when I'm dressed casually.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Similar to the Crossbreed is the Comp-tac Minotaur. I have one and love it. Unlike the crossbreed, the Minotaur has adjustable cant, depth and interchangeable kydex bodies.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You can always call and ask, I haven't had to deal with them, but I have read from others that their customer service is top notch, and since they're all hand made, they may be able to make one for a gun that isn't listed.

SilentE

imported post

texas red wrote:
ive seen thunderwear as well as cell pal and i just dont think i could get used to my pistol in that position. I am getting up and down all day so it seems like it would get uncomfortable after awhile.
Actually, It was very comfortable. I never felt it to be awkward in the least. In fact, the holstered pistol actually provides a measure of protection should one be hit in the crotch. Its all a matter of preference anyway. The only other complaint I might have about Thunderwear is that because the pistol is "right there", its right in the way when one hears nature's call.