• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick Heller's Handgun Application is Rejected

AbNo

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
With all this talk of bullet capacity, I'm thinking revolvers aren't safe for registration either. Hell, even with a 5-chamber gun, you could probably stack 4 or 5 bullets in each chamber... :)
I already posted this in another thread...

http://www.horstheld.com/0-pinfire.htm

"[font="Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times"]30-shot pin fire revolver made in France, no serial #, maker's name or proof stamps, cal. 7mm. 6" over and under barrels with dovetail front sight."

f1785f4f9e2cd1f15f650d1oq8.jpg

"[/font]French pinfire revolver, a very rare 12-shot 9mm, completely unmarked to avoid paying royalties to Lefaucheux"

"
Riffelmann, Solingen made and Solingen proofed 12-shot-pinfire revolver" (two of them)

"12-shot-revolver, serial # 16640, cal. 7mm, 4¾" round barrel with fixed sight, "

Pointman

imported post

I think the point in the Heller case was exactly what the Architect said: it's better to win a small battle than lose a large one.

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pointman wrote:
I think the point in the Heller case was exactly what the Architect said: it's better to win a small battle than lose a large one.

Right on point. Considering that the decision was 5-4 I think the size of the bite was about as large as possible. Give it 10 years and another deliberate bite will be possible. Same way you eat an elephant.