Thread: Quest field gun restrictions

Post imported post

I am new to this site, and had a question about the apparent restriction to bringing a weapon/firearm in the Quest statium. Specifically for the Seahawks games. I heard from some people that they patted you down, and had signs posted all over the place restricting such. I call the security office and spoke to a security agent asking if the rule applied to leagal CCW. He emphatically stated that Quest field was PRIVATE property/privately owned, and they had the right to enforce the ristriction. I told him that state law stated otherwise, and he held his ground. Does anyone have any specific knowledge of this? Thanks.

Post imported post

harmonica player wrote:
    I am new to this site, and had a question about the apparent restriction to bringing a weapon/firearm in the Quest statium. Specifically for the Seahawks games. I heard from some people that they patted you down, and had signs posted all over the place restricting such. I call the security office and spoke to a security agent asking if the rule applied to leagal CCW. He emphatically stated that Quest field was PRIVATE property/privately owned, and they had the right to enforce the ristriction. I told him that state law stated otherwise, and he held his ground. Does anyone have any specific knowledge of this? Thanks.
    They are allowed to restrict firearms per state law. The venue is not operated by the city, but rather a third party management company.

It is found in 9.41.300. It is not a law but a policy of the lessee of the property.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

It's funny since I paid for at least half that stadium ( ok, maybe not by myself ). But I think he is correct, private property can limit carry. Again I think this should be a public place.

Post imported post

Thank-you for the info. As a side note they don't search people at some of the events ie. concerts/shows, but I guess that the overall policy would still apply.

Post imported post

harmonica player wrote:
    How the hell can it be private property if our tax dollars built the frickin' place? Maybe leased by a private corperation but we paid for theun-neccessary place.

Post imported post

He was mistaken when he said "owned" by a private corporation... Run by, is what he should have said. And since it is run by and leased out by a private operation they could enact their our guidelines for the events they put on their...

Same thing with city fairgrounds... owned by the city, than leased and run by other companies that can set their own rules.

Post imported post

Does this mean that Nickles ( who I dont think is worth two dimes ) could permenatly lease all the parks for say 1$ a month to a company, or church and set any rule they want?

Post imported post

That's what I've been kinda worried about. Don't know how all that works though.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

I agree it is totaly stupid

I do not see how the city can confer a property right to a lessee that it does not have itself.

If I own a piece of land but notthe mineral rights, I cannot lease it to you so that YOU can remove the gold in the rocks of the hillside. I cannot confer mineral rights on you because I do not have them myself.

It is my opinion that since the city does not have the private property right to exclude gun possession, if it leases that property to someone else, they have exactly the same rights and restrictions that the city does.

That being said.... I'll let you be the test case. Not me.

Post imported post

Would have to look up property rights and leasing laws I guess.

Post imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
    Does this mean that Nickles ( who I dont think is worth two dimes ) could permenatly lease all the parks for say 1$ a month to a company, or church and set any rule they want?
    According to the Sequim ruling he cannot do this because they were very specific in thier ruling in favor of Sequim because thier contract rules did not affect the general public. Now the group that leases certainly could create thier own rule but the rule could not be mandated by the city.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

If I go to a Seahawks game with my gun, I typically move it up towards my "Frontal Area" since it is IWB. Haven't been searched there yet... But just in a general sense, they have very shoddy pat downs. Maybe they are just looking for suicide vests.

Post imported post

G27 wrote:
    If I go to a Seahawks game with my gun, I typically move it up towards my "Frontal Area" since it is IWB. Haven't been searched there yet... But just in a general sense, they have very shoddy pat downs. Maybe they are just looking for suicide vests.
    So pack in your crotch when you go to the Sea Chickens

Post imported post

Someone write a bill to change State law so the leases or part private owners can’t do this against tax payers who paid for these city facilities. Get it under the preempt, this is pure BS. .

Pat downs are legal?
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    G27 wrote:
    So pack in your crotch when you go to the Sea Chickens
    I do! But I ain't trying to compensate for anything!! :celebrate:celebrate