• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Printing

Cyklopz

imported post

Hello all,

I do not CC or OC at this time but I am curious about the issue of printing or accidental exposure when CCing. Are there specific legal requirements for KY on what must be done to ensure legal CC? There are many different holster and gun designs not to mention clothing options and it seems like printing or some form of accidental exposure would be a pretty big issue, maybe not every day but enough to be a concern I would think.

I know that working to prevent this issue should be something you would work at for a number of obvious reasons but, are there specific legal requirements in KY that have to be met?

Cy

RIAShooter

imported post

I asked a similar question, and there is no printing in Ky, although you do wanna be careful if you wanna carry concealed then make sure it's actually concealed, nothing makes people more antsy than a poorly concealed weapon, or one playing peek a boo in and out of a shirt.

Of course you could just avoid it altogether by carrying openly! :celebrate

superdemon

imported post

Wow, I just posted this in another forum...

There is case law in KY that says even if a weapon is covered, but prints enough to tell that it is a gun, it is not "concealed", as you can look at the print and tell it is a gun.

N00blet45

imported post

I'm not sure on printing but it would make sense for it to be considered open carry. If you carry a firearm in a holster so that the only thing visible is the grip of the firearm would that be open carry or concealed carry? I believe the answer is open carry because an average person would assume that it is a firearm.

Cyklopz

imported post

Thanks for the replies. I definately want to get my CCDW and would consider open carry innitially while my wife and I are camping/hiking. I'll have to double check the areas we go to and see if OC/having a firearm is allowed at those camp sites.

Cy

mike m

imported post

Dude o.c. is legal state wide check your ky gun laws. US gun laws is good reading,or better yet open carry all the time just because you can. I have for years it's all good. And by the way welcome!!!