• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The "pit" near Olympia needs to be shut down

luvmyglock

imported post

Thanks for the reply. How old are your kids? I saw a guy OCing a glock there with his son. He asked me about my G33, and was extremely pleasant. They appeared to be on a hike or something (no targets/ammo boxes). It's great to see kids getting out and hiking/shooting instead of sitting on the couch with the video game controller.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

luvmyglock wrote:
Thanks for the reply. How old are your kids? I saw a guy OCing a glock there with his son. He asked me about my G33, and was extremely pleasant. They appeared to be on a hike or something (no targets/ammo boxes). It's great to see kids getting out and hiking/shooting instead of sitting on the couch with the video game controller.
13 & 15. The 13yo loves the Nagant but its a little much for him but that grin says it all, he's hooked and I can't keep enough 22 ammo on hand for the 2 of them. My daughter likes my 1911 and the 10/22. They only seeme 2x's a year, so we spend a great deal of time outdoors.

FYI: Cabela's has .22 Federal 250 round boxes on sale this week for $13.

luvmyglock

imported post

How nice! Those 10/22s are great! I have a fiberforce stock coming UPS to my door today, or so says the UPS website! We'll see when I get home. This weekend I am going to install the stock, polish the externals from black to a brushed aluminum look, fix the sights and loading tube, and polish the internals. Should be fun. Man those are fun guns....

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

luvmyglock wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
no @#$% dude, get off your @#$%ing high horse.

go back to kalifornia
Take a chill pill. I did nothing to you. You are rude and inconsiderate. If you don't like what I have to say then you are free to exercise your back button. I personally don't think that I am on a "high horse" by not wanting to get shot by some drunk retard with an AK, or hit by a ricochet from some idiot popping of shots at rocks. I DO , however, think that you are WAY out of line with your comments.
waaa.

you didn't say they were drunk you said they were "drinking beer"

don't like what i say? you are free to not start threads. :celebrate

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

johnnyb wrote:
waaa.

Guns and alcohol don't mix anyhow. If you don't like what he has to say you are free not to respond.

Slow time in Oregon?

luvmyglock

imported post

johnnyb wrote:
luvmyglock wrote:
johnnyb wrote:

go back to kalifornia
Take a chill pill. I did nothing to you. You are rude and inconsiderate. If you don't like what I have to say then you are free to exercise your back button. I personally don't think that I am on a "high horse" by not wanting to get shot by some drunk retard with an AK, or hit by a ricochet from some idiot popping of shots at rocks. I DO , however, think that you are WAY out of line with your comments.
waaa.

Alcohol, even in small quantities, impairs judgment. That is the very first thing to go when consuming any alcohol. By the time you feel the physical and psychological effects of alcohol, your judgment is severely impaired. This is not good when operating and handling a loaded firearm. If you like to drink and handle guns, so be it...you are probably doing society a favor if your attitude and intelligence in the real world follows suit.......

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
waaa.

Guns and alcohol don't mix anyhow. If you don't like what he has to say you are free not to respond.

Slow time in Oregon?
hah yea it is slow time.

if he or you don't like what i say you are free to ignore or not respond ;)

guns and alcohol certainly do mix and they have since the "gun" was invented ;)

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

luvmyglock wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
luvmyglock wrote:
johnnyb wrote:

go back to kalifornia
waaa.

Alcohol, even in small quantities, impairs judgment. That is the very first thing to go when consuming any alcohol. By the time you feel the physical and psychological effects of alcohol, your judgment is severely impaired. This is not good when operating and handling a loaded firearm. If you like to drink and handle guns, so be it...you are probably doing society a favor if your attitude and intelligence in the real world follows suit.......
whats impairing your judgement right now? how about you just not worry about what other people do and concentrate on yourself ;)

Spaceman Spiff

imported post

Thats really just political correctness bullshit. There is nothing wrong with a beer/ very moderate alcohol while shooting. relax, enjoy, be safe.

luvmyglock wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
luvmyglock wrote:
johnnyb wrote:

go back to kalifornia
waaa.

David.Car

imported post

johnnyb wrote:
There is a difference between people debating a topic and not agreeing with each other, and what you did... Which was to come into a thread and immediatly use foul language with the intent to insult someone that gave a well worded opinion. Or in simple words you could understand, be an a** hole for no reason.

luvmyglock

imported post

David.Car wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
There is a difference between people debating a topic and not agreeing with each other, and what you did... Which was to come into a thread and immediatly use foul language with the intent to insult someone that gave a well worded opinion. Or in simple words you could understand, be an a** hole for no reason.
Exactly. He didn't even have a point, just came in guns blazing for no good reason...

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

luvmyglock wrote:
David.Car wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
Exactly. He didn't even have a point, just came in guns blazing for no good reason...
actually i have a point.

"don't worry about it"

luvmyglock

imported post

johnnyb wrote:
luvmyglock wrote:
David.Car wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
actually i have a point.

"don't worry about it"

Sorry man, I guess I didn't get that point in your initial post. Some how I missed it. How could I have missed the "don't worry about it" in "
Sorry man, I guess I didn't get that point in your initial post. Some how I missed it. How could I have missed the "don't worry about it" in

"no @#$% dude, get off your @#$%ing high horse.

go back to kalifornia"

Must be my eyes...

Bear 45/70

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
I don't think there is a public lands shooting site that's immune from idiots.

I try to:
Leave with more trash than I brought
Point out stupid where possible
Leave when stupid exceeds my personal comfort zone

By the way, I never shoot back toward the mounds by the entrance for the very reason you mentioned. You might just nail a bear (45/70 that is) on an ATV!:shock:

It sure is annoying to drive that far to be disappointed. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Yeah and that would get you into this situation
hunterrunningfrombearlgclr5ju.gif
or this one
RoflLg.gif
I haven't ridden Capitol even once this year.
mad0228.gif

BIll98501

imported post

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Are there any documented incidents of people being injured at the pit?

Yes, my cousin hauled a guy out who went down to set up targets and some gang banger typesstarted shooting their AKs. Hit him in the leg. Put him in the back ofhis truck and took him to the hospital or meet an ambulance. Dont remember which.That was a few years ago.

Another guy had his eardrum blown out by his buddy who thought it would be funny to shoot his 12 gauge about 3 feet behind him at ear level. Apeared to be GI types, drinking beer.

When it was really crowded, cars parked all the way across the back (before the gate was up) Everyone called a cease fire and went down to put up targets, (I stayed back, dont go down range there unless I am alone/amongst friends) Some old guy just started shooting a revolver at his target when only about half the people came back. After everyone yelled at him to ceasefire, he just kinda shrugged and said sorry. not an oh my god I almost just shot someone sorry, more like an oops I ate the last cookie sorry.

I think my last time there, a guy shooting a desert eagle had a jam, couldnt cycle the slide, hammer didnt set off the round. pointed directly at me 10 feet away trying the clear it. luckily one of us usually is looking out for idiots, so he let me know what was happening and we stepped back until the guy gave up and put it away, then we left.

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Quit complaining, there are too few places to shoot as it is.

I know of at least 4 other pits to shoot at 10 minutes from there. That is why I haven't shot there in years. Don't PM me to ask where they are, I will not give up my shooting spots unless I know you are a responsible shooter, who will clean up your mess.

kschmadeka

imported post

I can generate maps of mountain roads and National Forest roads with Streets and Trips. I've found a lot of great places to shoot this way. Just give me an approximate area you want a map of. Might want to email the request to me directlyin case I don't check back on this thread.

Kevin Schmadeka k.schmadeka@mindspring.com