Thread: open carrying in wal mart???

Post imported post

i finally got my fobus holster for my c9, and was wondering, can you open carry in a wal mart. i know some of the small stores here in monroe county say they don't care as long as i am a legal gun owner, but what about wal mart please help. thanks.

Post imported post

boomer92266 wrote:
    i finally got my fobus holster for my c9, and was wondering, can you open carry in a wal mart. i know some of the small stores here in monroe county say they don't care as long as i am a legal gun owner, but what about wal mart please help. thanks.
    I carry in Wal-Mart all the time.

However, I am a fairly well-known police officer in the area. I have seen others openly carry in Wal-Mart who are not police officers.

In another forum, a person who said they were a Wal-Mart employee stated that Wal-Mart policy is to reflect state law, so open carry in a KY Wal-Mart should be ok to them.

Post imported post

I've open carried in the Wal-Mart in London and Manchester a few times. I carried in the one in Hazard once too. I didn't get any grief from the greeters or other employees. I also heard that Wal-Mart policy reflects state law. In other words, since it is legal in the state of Kentucky any Wal-Mart here would have no problem with it. If you do get trouble from a manager or other employee make sure to take it up with their corporate office. They'll most likely set their peons straight.

Post imported post

I have OC'd at a Walmart in Lexington and Morehead without issue.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Here in the Puget Sound region of Washington (Everett, Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia) I have the Walmart Security Chief's number in my cell phone. It has come in handy for those times that a manager or employee tries to dictate "their" policy to me. You might want to look this person up and get to know them.

Post imported post

I have OC'd in Elizabethtown and Bardstown both. I am a corrections officer but few people know that since I'm not about and around the public while on duty.

I NEVER show my badge or ID when not on duty. I also hand out copies of Ky laws when asked or the subject of guns and carry come up.

Post imported post

I know this is old, but I figured everyone should know.

I've worked at Wal-Mart here in Bowling Green and they tell everyone in training that if they see someone open carrying they are not to do anything, that Wal-Mart has no issue with it, and it is the right of the person to carry. This is told to everyone in training. I carry in both stores here all the time and other than getting odd looks for a moment from loss prevention (I know them all even though they've probably forgotten me in the last year) no one says anything. I have been asked by the guy at the sporting goods counter what I was carrying, but that was more out of curiosity due to him just having bought a pistol himself.

boomer92266 wrote: