• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Silent Auction items

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think that was a good idea at the picnic the other day. Perhaps Washington could keep a thread going for this type of thing with a running total published at the top.

KOSS DVD player (and I'll throw in a seperate Sony VCR)

Two bottles of CRISTALINO CAVA EXTRA DRY 750ML (Spain's version of Champagne)

IBM THINKVISION 6734-LB1 17" FLAT PANEL LCD MONITOR

IBM Thinkpad 600e laptop with AC adapter

Both work fine but are sold as-is. The laptop isn't exactly a killer game machine but if there's someone out there in need of PC to keep up on OCDO it would be fine! (Windows XP)

PM me if interested in either. Close date for these by the 26th? (Everett meet day)

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

At our last picnic some folks brought some things in to donate to a silent auction, all proceeds going toward the pamphlets (next order).

I thought it was a fine idea and thought I'd throw a few things into the pot. I PM'd jpierce last night (afterward :exclaim:) to get his thoughts on using his board this way. He said it was OK as long as 100% of the proceeds go toward OC-stuff.

We (everyone in WA) probably ought to chat about this a bit and see how it should be organized, who's the treasurer, etc.

Bear 45/70

imported post

esstac wrote:
I bid 100$... sorry not silent enough? :p

I'll donate sv_libertarian's boat!:shock: I'm sure he won't mind.:lol:
RoflLg.gif

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
I'm a little attached to it for some odd reason. How ever I'm more than willing to donate it should someone be able to replace it with a decent trimaran...:p Otherwise you can have it when I run out of ammo!

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
I'm a little attached to it for some odd reason. How ever I'm more than willing to donate it should someone be able to replace it with a decent trimaran...:p Otherwise you can have it when I run out of ammo!
A triamaran? A big log with two smaller logs on each side tied together with a little rope and a couple of cross bars. I even have a chainsaw to cut the logs and some old cheap rope. It's your problem getting it into the water.
roflmao.gif

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
I said a decent trimaran! :p Mebbe a nice Piver Lodestar...
Hey, I've seen your boat, mine would be as decent as your last gun.
I've seen your gunroom and it's about as well organized as my boat!

Plus believe it or not that gun is shootable.

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
I said a decent trimaran! :p Mebbe a nice Piver Lodestar...
Hey, I've seen your boat, mine would be as decent as your last gun.
I've seen your gunroom and it's about as well organized as my boat!

Plus believe it or not that gun is shootable.
Yeah, but it looks like your last date.
roflmao.gif

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
And if he doesn't get out of Greener town he won't make it either!:lol:
I found sure fire cure to keep hippies away! Pepper spray in one hand, and a bar of soap in the other! Both are considered dangerous by hippies and the general weirdo crowd of Oly...