• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

was finally asked about my gun..

nh92d

imported post

well i was walking back from dropping off the trash and while walking back to my apt building i passed by a women from next building over(that happened to be out hang drying her close along the tree line),she looks over at me and asks..
women-is that a gun?

me-yes,it is

women-why do you have it?

me-it's like having insurance

women-you don't need it here(do you live here),it's a safe neighborhood..

me-well i do have to travel around the city and state.

i ended theconversation with the quote-"it's better to have it and not need it,then to need it and not have it".she didn't have anything to say after that.she seems more curious then anything(didn't seem upset about it,she had a confused look on her face)

(i like how she injected a question within a comment)

:banghead: meant to put this in General discussion section...can a mod move it?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would have likely said: So you don't lock your doors at night? You don't lock your car? If it is truly a safe neighborhood where criminals do not visit wouldn't those be unnecessary acts? And if you do lock your doors and car isn't it because you never know for sure when a criminal just might appear unexpectedly and do you harm?

ETA: Not meant as any criticism of the OP's responses in any way.

richarcm

imported post

I've always wondered if they'd want my help if someone were to break into their house. Or would they prefer I call 911 instead.....

Teej

imported post

Nice play.

FYI...and with apologies for being an a-holegrammar cop...that's "woman". "women" is plural.

man/men....woman/women....

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

richarcm wrote:
I've always wondered if they'd want my help if someone were to break into their house. Or would they prefer I call 911 instead.....
If they are ardent anti's, just abide by their wishes. If someone does break in to their place, don't come to their aid with a firearm.. call 911 instead and let them suffer the consequences of their stupidity.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
richarcm wrote:
If they are ardent anti's, just abide by their wishes. If someone does break in to their place, don't come to their aid with a firearm.. call 911 instead and let them suffer the consequences of their stupidity.
Yeah, let nature take it's course. The natural culling of the foolish in the herd will eventually improve the overall quality of species. In theory, anyway. If we could only do something about the propagation of fools. :quirky

Michigander

imported post

I get asked about my gun all the time in AZ. Sometimes asked about a the holster too. People ask "hey, is that a...?" But not even one time has someone questioned why I carried. It's almost like cheating, moving to Arizona, where open carry has no more ground to cover.:celebrate

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I get asked about my gun all the time in AZ. Sometimes asked about a the holster too. People ask "hey, is that a...?" But not even one time has someone questioned why I carried. It's almost like cheating, moving to Arizona, where open carry has no more ground to cover.:celebrate
Sorry, off topic

The laws in Azappear to be less restrictive than here in MI. Except for the unloaded carry in your vehicle while on a school parking lot and also, no OC or CC in State/City/County Parks where it is posted. :?

Michigander

imported post

Cato posted it a while ago. It says california Department of justice, firearms division or something like that. It's essentially saying that the firearms branch of the DOJ in kali is as incompetent as they come, and indeed they are.

Springer, I have yet to find a state park that doesn't allow carry. I've carried at several, and as always, no one bats an eye. I don't really have to worry about schools since I'm not going to one, or taking kids to one. I can OC almost everywhere I go, including in my car, with no permit, and no one cares a bit, least of all the cops.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I've done the same... 'passed County Sheriff's 'n city cops 'n nobody said boo. I was wearin a gunbelt as well.

nh92d

imported post

(sorry to awaken a old post,hated to start a new post)

today while at a bank(that's located inside a grocery store) i had the guy behind the counter hold his hand up to me as i was approaching the counter and while tripping over his words he asked-"do you have a permit to carry a gun?"....

was caught off guard(again,which is :banghead: ) and simply anwsered yes..but i followed up with "but here in N.H.,a permit isn't needed for OCing"

after acouple seconds,he asked what he could help me with..still stumbling over his words.

well after getting what i wanted(which was just a roll of quarters)and was leaving,i couldn't believe that i didn't even get a"have a good day".:cuss:which i always get from the other tellers from that branch..

wish i had gotten his name and maybe drop a note to his boss and lethim/her know how some of the employees act.

sraacke

imported post

nh92d wrote:
(sorry to awaken a old post,hated to start a new post)

today while at a bank(that's located inside a grocery store) i had the guy behind the counter hold his hand up to me as i was approaching the counter and while tripping over his words he asked-"do you have a permit to carry a gun?"....

was caught off guard(again,which is :banghead: ) and simply anwsered yes..but i followed up with "but here in N.H.,a permit isn't needed for OCing"

wish i had gotten his name and maybe drop a note to his boss and lethim/her know how some of the employees act.

First, thanks for not starting a new post. Multiple posts on similar subjects is a peeve of mine.

Second, when someone asks if you have a permit, don't confuse them by answering "yes" then saying that one isn't needed. These people are mistaken and are just parreting stuff they saw on tv shows like Law & Order. Just tell the person, "no, there is no permit needed to carry a pistol". Then ignore them and conduct your business. Nobody has any reason to ask about the pistol on my right hip anymore than they have to ask about the CPR shield/glove pouch on my left hip.