• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry and the ENTIRE POLICE DEPT.

AxiTech

imported post

I work in chemicals and we are required to have surveillance capabilities in place at most of our customer locations. I occasionally wind up with a spare unit. There is a camera in place and I will need to check to see if it caught the acts. I'll check it tomorrow, but I won't be posting the results. I am kind of paranoid right now. If it did catch the activities, fine, no need to let them know they need to be completely truthful. I'm sure there is going to be a little bit of "CYA" going on. On the other hand, if it did not catch anything, why let them know that?

Evil Ernie

imported post

OK, I'm diggin this AxiTech dude...my kinda attitude!!!!

I'm suprised you didn't remind them that your house was NOT Dunkin Donuts, and that you aren't brewing coffee...

It sounds like they just got their new Mattel rifles and found a reason to show it some daylight!!! Scary stuff dude. Keep up the good work!!!

Brigdh

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
First of all, in this situation, NEVER GO OUTSIDE THE DOOR OF YOUR HOUSE! Then the officer has an "excuse" to detain you under the guisefor "his" security. It has the potential to go south very quickly if the officer is less than honorable.
On the other hand, "inviting" the officers into your home waives your rights protected under the 4th admendment and (assuming the worst of cases) would allow a dirty cop to plant evidence, say a bag with an ounce of drugs. Now, I'm not trying to cop bash, but look at the situation both ways.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

Brigdh wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
First of all, in this situation, NEVER GO OUTSIDE THE DOOR OF YOUR HOUSE! Then the officer has an "excuse" to detain you under the guisefor "his" security. It has the potential to go south very quickly if the officer is less than honorable.
On the other hand, "inviting" the officers into your home waives your rights protected under the 4th admendment and (assuming the worst of cases) would allow a dirty cop to plant evidence, say a bag with an ounce of drugs. Now, I'm not trying to cop bash, but look at the situation both ways.
i believe he is implying talk to them through the door

ODA 226

imported post

johnnyb wrote:
Brigdh wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
i believe he is implying talk to them through the door
As a former LEO, I'm saying DO NOT WALK OUT THE DOOR AND DO NOT INVITE THEM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

AxiTech

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
OCDO member for 11 days and 2 OC 'confrontations'!! .......makes me go, hmmmmmm

Hi, Apparently you have a healthy case of "I don't trust everybody". This is a good thing. You , nor anyone else here, knows me, but then again, just how many of these people do you know? Life is like that.

I welcome your careful doubt, as should everyone here. It keeps the water clean ,so to speak. Yet, here I am, an American citizen, who is flexing a right for the first few times. Much like a bunch of babies, we all, are starting to find out we have legs that will carry us further and faster than crawling around on our knees will. Which, by the way, is EXACTLY what we have been doing by not flexing those muscles of Right To Keep And Bear Arms. Like those babies, some of us are going to fall down. Some of us might even cry about it. I know I just spent a very sleepless night, replaying yesterday's events over and over in my head. It is NOT an enviable feeling to know that you have just gone and pissed off a gang of armed bullies who can pretty much ruin your life, and those around you, at will.

But hey, you don't know me. Go ahead and doubt. I know I will when it happens to the next guy. BUT, I will absolutely be here with all the supportI can give to that American. Just as a bunch of folks I have never met, and quite likely , never will, have done for me in the past 24 hours.

AxiTech

imported post

No, on the contrary, I don't feel bad about it. He has a healthy case of doubt. Like I stated," This is a good thing". He didn't say anything that offended me, might have offended another, but not me. I hope he has a nice day. I truly do.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

He raised that concerned eyebrow because we have seen a number of trolls on this site. Let's face it, the subject matter is controversial and quite new to a lot of people. I have only been OC'ing on a normal basis for one year this month, though I have CC for a number of years and carried in various forms since the 60's.

My personal take on things is to give people the benefit of doubt and listen to what they have to say. Watch their wording and context carefully and you will be better served. We all have stories to relate and where I live, most all are positive in nature to OC'ing. Perhaps that causes us to see things through tinited glasses, so to speak.

Frankly, I find it appalling that any jurisdiction, government or otherwise, believes they have the right to control, curtail, infringe, or recind my rights.. especially those so basic that affect my safety and existence. You have to wonder where in the hell do they think they get off telling us what we can and cannot do in these areas.

Prophet

imported post

Brigdh wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
So basicallyVampire rules apply. Don't ask them to enter your house and don't go out to meet them.

SDguy

imported post

I have done CC with a permit for years now but am new to OC. Have done OC several times without a problem, ignored by the local police.

Should I carry my pocket recorder? If so, should I make it obvious that they are being recorded or keep that my secret? What is the best way to go?