• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry and the ENTIRE POLICE DEPT.

AxiTech

imported post

I got off early today and dug out my motorcycle. Went for a lazy 15 mile ride around Warminster and Horsham, Pa. Got home, took off the voice recorder (mistake) and sat down at the computer to do some paperwork. A knock at the front door. Nobody who knows us knocks at that door, they come to the kitchen(side) door. I look up and see the uniform. I go to the door and open it and see the ENTIRE POLICE FORCE on my street. I act shocked, between us, I knew what they wanted. "Can I help you?" The officer points at my hip and I respond by pointing at his. "Can we come in?" " No, I'll come out" I step out and close the door and ask whats up. He tells me people have been lighting up their switchboard about "man on bike with gun". "Ok, what's up?"

You cant do that!

yes, I can!

Well , yes ,you can, but why?

Several reasons: I can, I want to, nobody can tell me not to, I like the odds stacked in my favor, I couldn't fit one of you in my holster. I see a couple of grins from the older guys.

A female officer steps up and asks my name.

I tell here: first, I don't have to tell you.

agreed.

I'm not being disrespectful or beligerent, I just want you to know that I know my rights and will not let them be trampled. That said, I'll give you my full name.

Can I have date of birth.

Are you planning a surprise party. I hear and audible snicker from their ranks!

I give it to her. She gives me a funny look as she writes down my middle name. YES, I have taken quite a bit of ribbing about it over the years. No, I'm not going to tell you all what it is! I ask her ,using my best puppy dog look, "You aren't going to make fun of me ,are you?" more giggles.

The officer in front of me engages me in a conversation about why I should carry it concealed. I agree that he has valid points, but I don't "have to".

he agrees, but counsels me that I should.

ok

Then he did it. He says, " Besides, you are going to get pulled over repeatedly, every time we get a call. You don't really want to know what it's like to have several m-16's pointed at your head, do you?"

One: "I'm a Veteran and I have had more guns fired at me than you have held" Two: Are you really, wait, let me go inside and get my recorder, I really want to get that on tape". Are you really going to threaten to point a loaded gun at me for exercising my 2nd Amendment rights? Really?"

"We absolutely will, until we ascertain that you aren't a threat"

"Ok, just don't pull the trigger, ok?"?

he asks again "why?"

I figure ok he wants to be educated and his backup, all 7 or 8 that I could see, neighbor came over and says there were more in the side yards, so I start to let him know. The American people need to start seeing that honest, cleancut, decent folks carry guns ,too.

But, it scares people.

Which is why more of us need to do it.

He says that we will be seeing more of each other if I insist.

I told him "ok, my name is Bob, but you can call me Bob".

He told me to have a nice day and shook my hand.

Any guesses onhow soonI start getting the "Microscopic Anal Inspection" every time I leave the driveway?

I regret notpicking up the recorder and turning it on as soon as I looked up and saw the uniform. DAMN!

ODA 226

imported post

First of all, in this situation, NEVER GO OUTSIDE THE DOOR OF YOUR HOUSE! Then the officer has an "excuse" to detain you under the guisefor "his" security. It has the potential to go south very quickly if the officer is less than honorable.

The officer committed an "Assault Under the Color of Law" as he threatened you with lethal force when he said," You don't really want to know what it's like to have several m-16's pointed at your head, do you?"

Get a good attorney and make sure that this doesn't happen to another honest citizen.

codename_47

imported post

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Never, EVER leave home without a recorder. You WILL regret it.

Check the Dickson case and see the lawyer in that one. This isn't as slam dunk as that one is, but he might be interested.

AxiTech

imported post

I see your point, but they were being watched by neighbors and I have been here 17 years and am well established as a "pillar" at least to those who know me. I do see your point and it is valid. I wanted to exit the house, as I did not need them rushing the door and gaining access. Better to have them violate my house too, if they want to go down that road!

On another note, I have been a member of the NRA in the past, but dropped membership a few years ago. I felt they were wasting money with the incessant mailings requesting money. If it were up to me, I'd save the money and use it to gain ground with politicians compassionate to the cause. I did, however, just now join back up. I may need a "big brother" type lawyer, if this goes badly for me. I kind of got the "impression" that I "might" be in for an "education". I certainly hope not, I am very respectful of LEO's and am trying to teach my daughter that they are the good guys.

codename_47

imported post

I'd go put on my recorder and strut my stuff in front of the police headquarters.

Prophet

imported post

Good responses...i'll have to remember the suprise party one next time im asked.

Is your middle name Blue Bonnet? Bonus points for anyone who can tell me the movie that is in reference to.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Prophet wrote:
Good responses...i'll have to remember the suprise party one next time im asked.

Is your middle name Blue Bonnet? Bonus points for anyone who can tell me the movie that is in reference to.

OPEN RANGE with ROBERT DUVALL and Kevin Costner.

This was said just before they started the Shoot-out

OF COURSE. AWESOME show.

BOB is one of my FAVORITE all time actor.

TJ

AxiTech

imported post

No, It's not Blue Bonnet. I do hail from Texas, though and I went to High School over your way in Bethel Park. On a side note, since you brought up Texas(kind of). I lived in Dallas through the America's Team years and all those Super Bowls. Folks moved us to Pittsburgh in the early seventies just in time for the Steelers to dominate a bunch of Super Bowls. I gues I just bring good luck to the cities I live near. Yep, that's it, it was me that helped those teams win.

I already know your next question:Why hasn't it helped the Eagles? Because, they suck! It's just that simple.:lol:

Prophet

imported post

Though you have made the point moot, i will tell you anyway that you are correct.

And to echo your point, Godfather III suffered for a number of reasons but most glaring is that Robert Duvall wasn't in it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, I have to compliment the PD on their service-oriented approach.

They have a convenient in-home consultation policy. The Dickson City and Manassas folks had to go out to eat to meet the PD! :)

Great story. This one will go down as a classic. :)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO: "We will harass you and threaten your life if you choose to exercise your constitutionally protected rights."

Wow, just wow:exclaim: :banghead::cuss::banghead:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Prophet wrote:

OF COURSE. AWESOME show.

TJ
Mr. Duvall lives not far down the road from me. He is seen from time to time in Manassas. but that is not where he lives. He is west of me about 10-12 miles.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

AxiTech;

This is somewhat disquieting for you up in Pennsylvania. Sounds to me like you might have been threatened which could be reportable to the police in your area. Should be interesting to see how that would pan out, especially if you escalated it a might.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Prophet wrote:

OF COURSE. AWESOME show.

TJ
Mr. Duvall lives not far down the road from me. He is seen from time to time in Manassas. but that is not where he lives. He is west of me about 10-12 miles.

I guess it's about time to visit Western Prince William County, Virginia USAand say -"Hi" to good ol' Bob:dude:.

Maybe you and I can invite him to an OC lunch or dinner.:celebrate

TJ

lprgcFrank

imported post

AxiTech - I suggest that you also cross post this over on www.pafoa.org.

That is the PA specific group for firearms rights - in particular open carry - we are very aggressive in protecting gun rights in PA.

Thanks for standing up for our rights.
Frank

falcon1

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
AxiTech;

This is somewhat disquieting for you up in Pennsylvania. Sounds to me like you might have been threatened which could be reportable to the police in your area. Should be interesting to see how that would pan out, especially if you escalated it a might.

I think I would make the report to the state police and the FBI or the Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Justice Department.

lprgcFrank

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
I guess it's about time to visit Western Prince William County, Virginia USAand say -"Hi" to good ol' Bob:dude:.

Maybe you and I can invite him to an OC lunch or dinner.:celebrate
Hey, what gives TJ? I live within a few miles of Gary Coleman, and you won't come visit me! But you'll drop everything to see Robert Duvall in Virginia?!? :p

Back on topic... Interesting encounter. I have an X10 wireless video camera that I used to have mounted over my front door. The mic on that thing could pick up the neighbors conversations! Sounds like it is time to reinstall it at my new house. They are great quality for the price too!