• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm going to be visiting Ohio...

wpcexpert

imported post

I'm going to be visiting Ohio next week. From what I can see, Ohio is a pure open carry state. I'm excited about that cause Arkansas is not and I havent been able to OC in quite some time.

I just want to make for sure, No Permit is required for hand gun ownership? Being out of state, I can still carry open? And the in the vehicle, locked and unloaded, or unloaded and open. Can someone explain the vehicle regs? Thanks a bunch.

Shawn

Pauly

imported post

Vehicle transport with no CCW permit...

Gun and ammunition seperated. Magazines unloaded. Gun locked. Ammunition locked.

I don't know the specifics but I always kept the ammo locked in the glove box and the UNLOADED pistol and UNLOADED magazines in a locked case in the trunk.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

If you have a CHL, Arkansas and Ohio now have reciprocity.

You should intimately familiarize yourself with the car carry rules under Ohio Revised Code § 2923.16 and the no-carry zones under O.R.C. § 2923.126(B), including restaurants that serve alcohol and any building owned by any governmental entity. Ohio's car carry rules are, in a word, "unique" and incredibly Byzantine.

Ohio has a strong preemption law, O.R.C. § 9.68, and would be a gold star OC state if it did not prohibit OC in a vehicle without a CHL.