• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Infiltrators In Our Midst?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

Citizen wrote:
From today's Washington Times:

Undercover Maryland state troopers infiltrated three groups advocating peace and protesting the death penalty — attending meetings and sending reports on their activities to U.S. intelligence and military agencies, according to documents released Thursday. (emphasis added)

You can read the whole story here:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/18/maryland-troopers-spied-on-activist-groups/
i know two

LEO229
and
johnny law

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Executive Order 12333, paragraph 2.3?????? Collection of intelligence on US persons?????

falcon1

imported post

You know, I support the war in general and the death penalty, but I must ask: are groups advocating peace and protesting the death penalty the gravest threat to our national security that we face? Just asking...?

trailblazer2003

imported post

I have a friend that would like buy a handgun, and maybe get a ccw license, but is scared of crap like this. He fears that just by owning a weapon, he might end up on some government watch list. In reality I guess he isn't far off. It's pretty sad that citizens are scared to exercise their rights because of fear from the government.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Or you can be a stand-up out spoken guy and walk point. Who wants to live in the state that y'all fear? Walk point. Do the best job that you can. A hero dies once gloriously while the traitors and cowards and PC apparatchiks die miserably a thousand times. Do you believe in your goodness?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
I have a friend that would like buy a handgun, and maybe get a ccw license, but is scared of crap like this. He fears that just by owning a weapon, he might end up on some government watch list. In reality I guess he isn't far off. It's pretty sad that citizens are scared to exercise their rights because of fear from the government.

Ya know, I've thought about the possibility that someone has a list of gun owners and is plotting to take them all away. But thenI think, if anyone honestly saw the sheer number of armed civilians in this country, would they think they really had a chance??
Executive Order 12333, paragraph 2.3?????? Collection of intelligence on US persons?????
+1

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

johnnyb wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Undercover Maryland state troopers infiltrated three groups advocating peace and protesting the death penalty — attending meetings and sending reports on their activities to U.S. intelligence and military agencies, according to documents released Thursday. (emphasis added)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/18/maryland-troopers-spied-on-activist-groups/
i know two

[cops]

johnnyb,

You do understand that your unnecessarily hostile posts and your being first to point fingers make YOU the most likely agent provocatuer on the forum? Makes you the person most likely to be trying to provoke others into writing sympathetic things that wouldget them additional scrutiny?

VAopencarry

imported post

I can understand the MSP wanting to infiltate that group, they were advocating peace. Now that's a group you need to watch out for. Like, seriously, WTF?

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I remember watching a history channel thing talking about the cold war. One of the reasons Russia never thought to invade us was "all the Americans own guns. We knew we would have a serious problem trying to invade."

And we all remember Red Dawn. . it was theoretical, but remember when the hispanic leader (I think from Cuba) told his soldiers to go get the list of gun owners. . track them down, get their weapons, and if some were missing to kill them.

We scare more governments than our military! Haha.

DreQo wrote:
trailblazer2003 wrote:

Ya know, I've thought about the possibility that someone has a list of gun owners and is plotting to take them all away. But thenI think, if anyone honestly saw the sheer number of armed civilians in this country, would they think they really had a chance??
+1

trailblazer2003

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Or you can be a stand-up out spoken guy and walk point. Who wants to live in the state that y'all fear? Walk point. Do the best job that you can. A hero dies once gloriously while the traitors and cowards and PC apparatchiks die miserably a thousand times. Do you believe in your goodness?
I hear what you are saying, but some people don't want to take the chance and cause ripples. For some that was the way they were raised, and it will unlikely change. For some they gain strength seeing the good work others do, and start to fight for their rights. I do believe in my own goodness, and that there is plenty of good left in this cocuntry. We just need people to start realizing this and to start taking action.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I like that perspective, Doug.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

Citizen wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
Citizen wrote:

i know two

[cops]

johnnyb,

You do understand that your unnecessarily hostile posts and your being first to point fingers make YOU the most likely agent provocatuer on the forum? Makes you the person most likely to be trying to provoke others into writing sympathetic things that wouldget them additional scrutiny?
not sure what you're trying to say.

should i not say anything provocative because i might be put in johnny laws database, or he might put me 6 feet under like he himself has said hes done several times...?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

falcon1 wrote:
You know, I support the war in general and the death penalty, but I must ask: are groups advocating peace and protesting the death penalty the gravest threat to our national security that we face? Just asking...?

Absolutely. Whatgreater threat to the government is there than people that don't toe the party line? Let's get real now, we all know that only a terrorist wouldn't support the "war on tearUH".

/sarcasm

Oh and Johnny Bliss isn't a spy or a provoker of any kind. He's just stupid, and, while good intentioned and often right, quite frankly sucks at getting his opinion across in a educated manner.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
falcon1 wrote:

Absolutely. Whatgreater threat to the government is there than people that don't toe the party line? Let's get real now, we all know that only a terrorist wouldn't support the "war on tearUH".

/sarcasm

Oh and Johnny Bliss isn't a spy or a provoker of any kind. He's just stupid, and, while good intentioned and often right, quite frankly sucks at getting his opinion across in a educated manner.
always right :banghead:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

johnnyb wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
falcon1 wrote:

/sarcasm

always right :banghead:

I think once in a blue more is more accurate, but I was giving youthe benefit of a doubt. :quirky

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

johnnyb wrote:
SNIP not sure what you're trying to say.

should i not say anything provocative because i might be put in johnny laws database, or he might put me 6 feet under like he himself has said hes done several times...?

Just ease up on the harsh, personal attacks is all.

It reflects poorly on you.And it harms your credibility far more than itdiscomforts Johnny Law.(He's a cop. Been called all kinds of names before. The only way you'll give him even a pause is if you are somebody he respects.)

Focus on contributing yourknowledge. We really do want to hear it. Its much more helpful to us.Sorta like Robert Redford said to Paul Newman inThe Sting, "I already know how to get drunk!" We already know how to cuss. :)

What areas of rights, freedom, history, OC, law, etc. are you good at or knowledgeable on? That's where your contributions would have the most value.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

Citizen wrote:
johnnyb wrote:
SNIP not sure what you're trying to say.

Just ease up on the harsh, personal attacks is all.

It reflects poorly on you.And it harms your credibility far more than itdiscomforts Johnny Law. (He's a cop. Been called all kinds of names before. The only way you'll give him even a pause is if you are somebody he respects.)

Focus on contributing yourknowledge. We really do want to hear it. Its much more helpful to us.Sorta like Robert Redford said to Paul Newman inThe Sting, "I already know how to get drunk!" We already know how to cuss. :)

What areas of rights, freedom, history, OC, law, etc. are you good at or knowledgeable on? That's where your contributions would have the most value.
maybe they need to know people don't like them every once in a while.

despise is a better word, but still not harsh enough

i really don't care and i don't think it matters if it reflects poorly on me, because i don't want to be friends with anyone who likes LE (today's LE)

SIGguy229

imported post

Tess wrote:

EO 12333 does not apply to MSP...however, just because they sent the information to the IC, does not mean the IC accepted the information, because of EO 12333