• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Joes

SetivaSicWood

imported post

This afternoon I stoppedby Joes on99w in Sherwood to securesome gear for a sea run cutthroatfishing extravaganza on a coast range river this weekend.

As usual I had my.45 secured to my hip as I exited my truck. I had gotten a few paces from the parking stall when I hear, "hey, excuse me...." I turn around and notice a fella leaning out it car window informing me, "They won't let you in there if your caring a gun"

I was a little surprised by his comment, as I have been OCing @ Joes in Lake Grove and Sherwood for some time now with out incident.

I just smiled and said" Oh, it won't be a problem, but thank you for your concern"

After heading to the fishing section and acquiring the needed hardware, I descended on a gaggle of female sales associates for help in locating some water proof diddy bags.

The word "diddy" got me silence and blank looks so after a brief explanation they called over the camping guy and sure enough they had exactly what I was after.

As per usual no one seemed to give my firearm a second thought.

About 2 weeks ago I strolled into Woodcrafters @ Greenberg and 99w for some 1/16 birch laminate. While at the register one of the clerks asked "What are you toting?" I told him "A .45" He says "that's what I thought"

This man was perhaps in his early 60s. He stated "I need to get a permit" I agreed. He told me had served in the Marines for 30 years and carried a .45. I told him, "Oregon is a shall issue state; the process is fairly painless".

"Considering your service is a contributing factor towards defending our constitutional right to have firearms at all, you defiantly should get your permit" I said.

I'll check back with him again in a couple of weeks and do a follow up.

Cremator75

imported post

I also OC'd at Joe's, but in Beaverton on Cedar Hills. Just one funny look from a lady with a toddler. I was asked by at least 3 employees if I needed help finding anything, but no comment on the gun. Over all pleasant.

ccw9mm

imported post

Have carried in both the Joe's in Sherwood/99W and Orenco Hillsboro. No issues.

CharlesAFerg

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
imported post

Okay okay, good story here - I was looking for a holster for my USP .45, and I asked if they had a specific size. The sales associate said, "Oh, you might as well bring it in." I nodded, and he added, "You're going to want to come in with the chamber flagged, the action open, and have a manager walk you through the store."

*stunned/entertained look*
....? What? *smile*

He then says, "Wouldn't want to just come in here with a gun!"
Bad part is, he was completely serious... lol!

When I get my CHL, maybe I'll see how it goes when I attempt to purchase some target FMJ ammo while OCing.

:p

Cremator75 wrote:
I also OC'd at Joe's, but in Beaverton on Cedar Hills. Just one funny look from a lady with a toddler. I was asked by at least 3 employees if I needed help finding anything, but no comment on the gun. Over all pleasant.