Thread: OC in E.C.

Post imported post

has any one tried to OC in east chicago?

Post imported post

219 wrote:
    has any one tried to OC in east chicago?
    Are we talking Gary? Not familiar with the term East Chicago.

Post imported post

East Chicago is next to hammond and gary basically. Like gary, I never have a need to go into east chicago for anything, so thats a no from me.

Post imported post

Like Promethius, I don't have any business there, so at best would be traveling through on the interstate (as rapidly as legally possible). East Chicago ain't exacly the most desirable of spots to visit and sports a reputation similar to Gary. No offfense to anyone living there. Just observations from a longtime Hoosier.

OC could be a challenge there as Cops are likely looking to squelch anything other than sheeple behavior due to the 'rough neighborhoods' found there. Dressing neat and tidy could go a long way there.

If Tattedupboy doesn't chime in here, you may want to PM him, as he is from Gary.

Post imported post

I have oced many times in East Chicago, never had a problem.

Post imported post

HMDGLOCK wrote:
    I live in Gary, and have also spent time in Hammond and East Chicago. Northern Lake County is probably the least gun friendly part of Indiana, and I would never attempt to OC in any of those places (that's just me, however).

As for you OCing, how do you dress? I'm asking because I'm wondering if the reason you've never been harassed is because people think you're a police detective.

Furthermore, not attempting to play the race card, but what is your race? I'd be willing to bet the rent that you're white. Again, not trying to do any race baiting, but if someone who looks and dresses like me (typical hip hop look, large, oversized t shirts, baggy jeans, but not showing my underwear)and is black is seen walking around with a gun in Gary, Hammond, or East Chicago, no matter how peaceably, he is likely to end up on the ground with aknee on his neck and a gun to his head. The police in all three of these cities have a reputation for treating young Black men (believe me, I have had a couple of run ins with them) roughly for seemingly trivial matters such as walking in alleys or high fiving each other (believing that drugs are being passed). So, even though I don't have an actual documented case oflaw abiding citizensbeing mistreated, these are the reasons you hardly ever see it being done there. Just a fact.

Post imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
    HMDGLOCK wrote:
    I live in Gary, and have also spent time in Hammond and East Chicago. Northern Lake County is probably the least gun friendly part of Indiana, and I would never attempt to OC in any of those places (that's just me, however).

As for you OCing, how do you dress? I'm asking because I'm wondering if the reason you've never been harassed is because people think you're a police detective.

Furthermore, not attempting to play the race card, but what is your race? I'd be willing to bet the rent that you're white. Again, not trying to do any race baiting, but if someone who looks and dresses like me (typical hip hop look, large, oversized t shirts, baggy jeans, but not showing my underwear)and is black is seen walking around with a gun in Gary, Hammond, or East Chicago, no matter how peaceably, he is likely to end up on the ground with aknee on his neck and a gun to his head. The police in all three of these cities have a reputation for treating young Black men (believe me, I have had a couple of run ins with them) roughly for seemingly trivial matters such as walking in alleys or high fiving each other (believing that drugs are being passed). So, even though I don't have an actual documented case oflaw abiding citizensbeing mistreated, these are the reasons you hardly ever see it being done there. Just a fact.
    I am a 21 year old white male. I dress in college sports team t-shirts. My clothes are not baggy, but do fit loose. I truly dont believe you have to dress nice to OC. I have never had a problem with any LEO, I have been asked by acop what type of glock I was carrying. Also a cop asked me if a had an LTCH and that was it. I was at Purple Steer in Whiting and got some hard looks from two Chicago cops, but yea didnt say a word. The only problems I have had was at stores. Then I wouldlet them know that it isOK to OC with LTCH. Some have asked to CC, some havent.

To be honest I feel better about OCing in Whiting, EC, Hammond, and Gary more then I would in Munster or dyer.

I do believe if a young black male was walking around the same way I do, he might have a little more problems than I would.