• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any suggestions for the Texas Bill Board?

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Real quick before I leave work.

Edit: It was done in MS paint too, so not meant to be final draft quality. Just an Idea.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Put this together in gimp. Also I got the photo from the same guy who took the photos on the banner up top, so he may be willing to let us use it.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

May want to consider grammar here, personally I have no problem with ain't and 'em, but some people may consider it lowbrow.

As to pics, keep in mind they probably have to be very high resolution, it could even be possible that only pics taken with film can be used, due to the extremely large size.

Though some would argue controversy may help draw attention,you're probably better off using a pic of a gun and holster by itself, so you don't have to worry aboutaccusations regarding, race, gender, culture or class.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FzSBLACKMAGICK wrote:
May want to consider grammar here, personally I have no problem with ain't and 'em, but some people may consider it lowbrow.

Good point but I would look at who these signs are going to be appealing to. The subject matter isn't going to be appealing to tofu-fartin' hippies in Austin, it'll be appealing to the proud-of-our-state Texans, many of which find pride in their language. I don't think thats an issue. Now, the opposition might try to use it against us, which could be an issue. Something to think about anyhow.

rodbender

imported post

rodbender wrote:
IN 44 STATES IT'S LEGAL TO CARRY YOUR SIDEARM IN THE OPEN

opencarry.org JOIN US

CITIZENS FOR THE IN THE FIGHT

SECOND AMENDMENT FOR TRUE FREEDOM

TEXAS AIN'T ONE OF 'EM WE NEED TO FIX THAT

I think a pic like the one above. How about a pic of the girl on the homepage. Not her face, but just enough of her body showing or the right angle to let you know it's a nice figured female, yet focused on the holster and sidearm. Somewhat less intimidating than aman carrying a gun, but it lets you know she's prepared to protect herself if need be.

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ok, ok I couldn't stand it, so I had to give it a try. This may be extreme but I'm sure you'll let me know;

Openly carrying afirearm for protection and as a deterrence from crime is a REALLY bad idea!

UNTIL you become a victim!

Show your supportfor our right to openly carry firearms at http://www.opencarry.org

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ok one more and I promise to quit;

Look closely at this image. Can you see the deranged person about to go on a killingspree at this restaurant?

No? Me neither because the patrons are openly carrying!

Support Texan's right to openly carry firearms by joining http://www.opencarry.org

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So far, I like kbcraig's caption, it's simple, easy to read at high speed, grammatically correct and to the point. Coupled with asforme's pic or the banner pic of opencarry.org I think you'd have a winner.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just IMO. Join us Texas sounds like it's coming from outsiders. I don't think Texans want to be told what to do. It needs to be residents asking for support from other residents.

rodbender

imported post

asforme wrote:
Just IMO. Join us Texas sounds like it's coming from outsiders. I don't think Texans want to be told what to do. It needs to be residents asking for support from other residents.
Howsabout. Let's join 'em Texas

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

asforme wrote:

It does sound like it's coming from outsiders, Texans won't like that, he's right.

I too would like to see it with a gun around her waist.

and alwayspacking, change bare to bear :p