• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do LEOs view us?

GeneticsDave

imported post

Check out this thread on another forum and you might learn something about:

1. People that are ignorant
2. People that are close-minded
3. People that don't know the law

This thread is not meant to bash anyone, just point out some misconceptions and inaccurate views amongst a specific group of people.

Open Carry

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Too bad non-LE can't be members.

We could register and maybe persuade them.

It occurs to me however that, after all our LE contacts and effort across the country, why aren't there any LE on their forums defending us?

At least on our forum we have people defending LE.

Hmmmmm.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Citizen wrote:

It occurs to me however that, after all our LE contacts and effort across the country, why aren't there any LE on their forums defending us?

Hmmmmm.

It did NOT say ANYWHERE that a NON-LEO could NOT be a member. So I registered:celebrate.

TJ

GeneticsDave

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Hmmmmm.

It did NOT say ANYWHERE that a NON-LEO could NOT be a member. So I registered:celebrate.

TJ
Says this at the top:
"These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning."

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What's actually hilarious about that site is the fact that non-LEO aren't prohibited, they just get to be removed at any time for any reason. They also have all kinds of special sections that non-LEO aren't allowed to post in.

I don't suppose I need to elaborate on my immediate reaction to that. :quirky

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

D94R wrote:
After reading a few of the other threads on that forum this one falls right in line.:?
Yeah I came across a thread on that forum about photography rights. All the law enforcement officers on the site said that simply taking pictures in public gave the officers enough reasonable suspicion that they could make a Terry stop and demand ID of the photographer. The guy who started the thread was a photographer that had been hassled by police and he keeps his ID in his car not on him. He was very professional but the law enforcement people on the thread told him he was wrong (even when he quoted laws) and they said they could stop and detain him because he could be a terrorist and they had the right to stop and question him to make sure he wasn't.

I have seen several videos of cops harassing people filming them and even one video of a guy getting assaulted. The cop tried to move to the side and thought he was off camera and he charged the guy from the side assaulted him and then arrested him.

Photographers and people with video cameras have as many problems if not more than OCers.

This isn't a LE bash. I used to work closely with LE and most are great guys but there are the few bad who stand out that are willfully ignorant of laws, and have god complexes.

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

It depends on the state. Some states the minimum is 18, others is 20, 21, etc. I believe in Utah the minimum age is 21. If you look at SLPD or any other PD in the state at their requirements it says you have to be at least 21.

swillden

imported post

Cykaos wrote:
He was very professional but the law enforcement people on the thread told him he was wrong (even when he quoted laws) and they said they could stop and detain him because he could be a terrorist and they had the right to stop and question him to make sure he wasn't.
What always strikes me as funny about those sorts of comments is that the officers really appear to believe that by asking a few questions they can determine if he's a terrorist.

lukeshort

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
"People that open carry are the people who A) Want to be targeted to have something to complain about B) Are stupid"
Sarkis----forums.officer.com Member----

Well that sucks.
The only people I have ever read about targeting OCers, is law enforcement. Many from that forum, from the link posted, seemed very civil about the OC issue.

I really get a kick out of name calling, especially from supposed professionals. It is usually a last resort of the weak minded, when nothing else can be said and a sure sign that their original argument could not hold water. Let this remind everyone that LEO's arehuman too, and canfall backon name calling when all else fails.

thx997303

imported post

*sigh*

"I don't like people and they don't like me (due to LEO status). I am introduced at parties as the cop. I am yelled at on the streets. I don't trust any of them. They don't like me and I don't like them. This was not the case before I became a cop. This has come to pass because of all the horrible things I have heard about cops from people I have chosen to protect. I will still protect them and I will gladly make that ultimate sacrifice for one of them, but they don't deserve it. This vocation is a calling, not just a job."

"I don't dislike people, I just don't trust them.....AT ALL."

"I'm with most other cops...I dislike most people, and don't trust anyone."

"There are 3 kinds of people in the world:

The Cops,
The Criminals,
and the Potential Criminals.

Where do you fit?"

"I'm not a racist, I hate everybody. All get treated like doggy doo until proven otherwise. And no, I would not make the ultimate sacrifice to save someone. Sorry, but I got a daughter to think about and she comes first. So, if your ex-hubby has a gun to your head and you expect me to do something other than take a shot from a distance, I hope you know your prayers, because I'm waiting it out unless he takes a shot at me. If you happen to be in the way of my return fire, oh well. Maybe you should have dumped him a few years ago when you found he was a abusive, pot smoking meth head. And yes, I know he only beats you because he loves you."

These are all quotes from sworn police officers across the country.

I used to respect all LEOs, until they did something to lose that respect.

I have now officially reversed that process.

Raised by a LEO. Used to think the world of them.

Very, very disappointed.

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
*sigh*

"I don't like people and they don't like me (due to LEO status). I am introduced at parties as the cop. I am yelled at on the streets. I don't trust any of them. They don't like me and I don't like them. This was not the case before I became a cop. This has come to pass because of all the horrible things I have heard about cops from people I have chosen to protect. I will still protect them and I will gladly make that ultimate sacrifice for one of them, but they don't deserve it. This vocation is a calling, not just a job."

"I don't dislike people, I just don't trust them.....AT ALL."

"I'm with most other cops...I dislike most people, and don't trust anyone."

The Cops,
The Criminals,

Where do you fit?"

"I'm not a racist, I hate everybody. All get treated like doggy doo until proven otherwise. And no, I would not make the ultimate sacrifice to save someone. Sorry, but I got a daughter to think about and she comes first. So, if your ex-hubby has a gun to your head and you expect me to do something other than take a shot from a distance, I hope you know your prayers, because I'm waiting it out unless he takes a shot at me. If you happen to be in the way of my return fire, oh well. Maybe you should have dumped him a few years ago when you found he was a abusive, pot smoking meth head. And yes, I know he only beats you because he loves you."

These are all quotes from sworn police officers across the country.

I used to respect all LEOs, until they did something to lose that respect.

I have now officially reversed that process.

Raised by a LEO. Used to think the world of them.

Very, very disappointed.

Wow. Thats freakin depressing. i mean, you always kinda think thats how the think of civilians. I mean, were not even just tlking about OCers..

The Cops,
The Criminals,

Where do you fit?
"

...Just, wow. So, im 'no good', or potentially 'no good', unless i am a cop? nice...

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Wow. Thats freakin depressing. i mean, you always kinda think thats how the think of civilians. I mean, were not even just tlking about OCers..
Just a technicality, but an important one in light of our growing paramilitary police state. Police are civilians too.