• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SoCal Shooter looking for a bi-weekly range buddy

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I live in Alhambra and am looking for a range partner to practice my shooting with.

I am not nearly as good with my weapons as I would like and shooting alone is not so good or helpful to correct bad skils.

If interested, let me know.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Then can someone simply point me in the direction to a range in SoCal that allows holster firing?

Does becoming a member of the range exclude me from this requirement? Only way to practice is by doing, if I can't find a range that allows it, then perhaps I should start one.

cato

imported post

Theseus wrote:
I live in Alhambra and am looking for a range partner

Post a pictureof yourself.Tell us what you most like and dislike about yourself first. Do youenjoy long OC walks on the beach? :lol:

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cato wrote:
Theseus wrote:
I live in Alhambra and am looking for a range partner

Post a pictureof yourself.Tell us what you most like and dislike about yourself first. Do youenjoy long OC walks on the beach? :lol:
Boy do I!

Strange how no one wants to be my buddy. . . guess I will be forced to shoot alone. :cry:

TheCiscoKid

imported post

dude, i would totally go with you. i'm in glendale. but i dont own a gun yet (working on it). i'm a total newb, so i wouldnt be able to help you at all with technique or anything like that.

maybe in the future once i get a gun and develop some skills.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I do have:
  • MosinNagant M38 7.62x54R With ATI MonteCarlo stock, bi-pod, sling and scope. (scout config) with 880 rounds STEEL JACKET (so useless here)
  • FEG PA-63 9x18 Approx 300 rounds
  • Remington 870 Express Magnum 20" Barrel with foldable stock 200 shells
  • Mossberg 720 Plinkster .22LR with red dot sight 1000 rounds
  • 5 x Self made target stands (using 1x3 and some wood screws)
  • A few hundred paper targets, full body silouettes, and others
  • 2 box of clays
  • Chairs and coolers to get comfortable with
I don't really need someone to go with me every 2 weeks. . .I really just wanted someone dependable to accompony me. . Most people I know here in California are flaky and unreliable.

If you want you can go out with me a time or two. . see if you like it. I can teach you proper range behavior, safety, and basic shooting stances. Other than that I have been for a long while lucky if I could make it to range every 6 months.

You will need:
  • Ear protection (I have set you can borrow)
  • Eye protection (I also have a set you can use)
  • $12.50 for all day range fee.
  • $50-75 for ammo (depends on what weapons we shoot and how much)
  • $2.50 ea. target frame rental (If we use their frames instead of make our own)
  • Sunscreen!!!! (Not optional, trust me)
  • Hat (optional)
  • $$ for food/snacks
  • I reserve the right to suggest other things
The above if for a full day out shooting only! I intend to go more frequent just for pitsol training which would be for about 100-200 rounds every two weeks. I am contemplating getting a membership (if said membership would mean I can practice holster draw, load & fire). That would also mean you don't have to pay (since membership is shooter + guest).

If you are interested, PM me. . I will give you my number and we can talk about it.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

springfield man wrote:
what range? I go to the firing line, and Lytle creek

I am not sure. I like Lytle Creek and A Place to Shoot, but I am looking for some place to practice holster draw. . I have not taken the time to call them about it. . . I am slacking.