• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1911 short trigger

danbus

imported post

YAY! I just ordered my first custom item for my S&W 1911. It's a "match" short trigger with smooth face. Since I have small hands for a guy, I might as well make the gun fit me. The next item to get would be XS Big Dot sights.

When you guys get to be my age one day, your vision won't be so great.:p

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/st...&title=1911+AUTO+SOLID+ALUMINUM+MATCH+TRIGGER

Anyone else add anything to their 1911 to make it "better"?

67GT390FB

imported post

Brian D. wrote:
I put 3M safety tread tape on the front straps of my 1911s and BHPs, Danbus. Poor man's checkering.
if anyone is going to do this here is a tip for installing grip tape. take the grip panels off and wrap the grip tape around the grip so that once the grip panels are reinstalled they will cover the edges of the tape. this keeps the long edges protected and helps keep the tape from pulling off as the edge is the weak link.

ODA 226

imported post

Dan,

Is there any reason you chose a smooth-shoe over a knurled-shoe? If you recall, I installed a skeletonized knurled shoe on my Springfield (and Gold Cup Elite for that matter)and find that it assists me in trigger control.

Just wondering!

Craig

danbus

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Dan,

Is there any reason you chose a smooth-shoe over a knurled-shoe? If you recall, I installed a skeletonized knurled shoe on my Springfield (and Gold Cup Elite for that matter)and find that it assists me in trigger control.

Just wondering!

Craig

After about 25 rounds, the serrated trigger makes my finger super sensitive. I've read that having a smooth one solves the problem. And remember I have smaller hands and fingers so a shorter trigger would do better for me.

AbNo

imported post

danbus wrote:
After about 25 rounds, the serrated trigger makes my finger super sensitive. I've read that having a smooth one solves the problem. And remember I have smaller hands and fingers so a shorter trigger would do better for me.
Dan, can you let me know how that works out for you?

I have that friggin' ridged trigger as well, and I don't care for it. I've been considering trying a smooth trigger, so it would be interesting to hear your results.

danbus

imported post

I just installed the new short trigger BY MYSELF!!!!!

Yay me! I didn't think I could do it, but after much reading and watching videos, I completed the task in under 30 mins. It was also the very first time I actually broke down the frame.

After numerous dry firing, I have concluded that it was the right choice to go with a shorter trigger. There seems to be little or no effort in pulling the trigger. It's still about 4-5 lbs pull, but it's shorter. I even learned how to adjust the overtravel screw to get the best results for me.

I am anxious to take it to the range to see if it helps my shots pulling low and left.

Also I would like to mention that the trigger dropped right in with NO sanding needed. How sexy is that?

I recommend any 1911 owners with small hands and long triggers to invest in a shorter trigger.

--- before and after shots
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...iewPicture&friendID=118165756&albumId=1922365

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

danbus wrote:
snip
Anyone else add anything to their 1911 to make it "better"?

When your eyes respond the way mine do you look for an even better answer.
Notice I didn't say a cheap answer.

Added Crimson Trace laser grips - the nice burled ones - to my 1911 Commander and now even reaction/point shooting is aimed fire!

Dan - I thought I saw a set of laser grips on your sidearm at the VCDL picnic. Was I wrong?

Yata hey