• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC Nightmare!

Orygunner

imported post

After 2 months of OCing around the Eugene/Springfield Oregon area, I finally got my CHL this week. Last night I finally got to "Try it out" at a Eugene Emeralds AAA Minor Team baseball game...

I picked a good loose-fitting cover shirt, made sure my high-ride OWB holster was belted snugly at 3:30 and we went to the game.

It's kind of funny, after getting used to OCing, CC just felt wierd. I was constantly worried that I was printing, or that my shirt would blow up, or I'd reach up and out with my strong side arm and my shirt would hike up.

I was finally getting comfortable around the 5th inning, after multiple trips to concessions. On the last trip back to my seat from the ice cream booth, I hear behind me:

Sir? Sir? Hold on!

"Oh crap, someone saw it..." was my first thought.

One of the Ems staff approached and asked:

"Do you want to play 'What's in the Box?'"

That's one of those games where you go out on the field, and choose either the prize they show you, or the mystery prize in the box.

Sure! I said. I'm not afraid of being out in front of a crowd, so i figured it would be fun. Then I realized, now over 3000 people are going to be looking right at me. :shock:

It went pretty smooth, I don't think I played to the crowd too well, because Iwas nervously thinkingabout my gun. but looking at the pictures my wife took, I see I wasn't printing at all. guess I was nervous for nothing...

Instead of the blender, I took what was in the box, it was two box seats for another Ems game :celebrate

...If only I had been carrying openly, and show that good people carrying guns win prizes :)...
...Orygunner...

imperialism2024

imported post

See, if you had been openly carrying, you would have saved yourself a lot of worrying. And since increased stress levels are unhealthy... hey, I think that open carry is healthier than concealed carry!

Granted, you might not have gotten past security to see the game, but oh well... :lol:

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

This may sound wierd but after OCing for over a year now I worry about printing and my gun accidently showing on the rare times I have CCed. The only ways I like to CC now is my GLOCK 26 in a pocket holster or in the winter my 23 or 17 in a Sigtac jacket. I actuallycould tellyou were carryingin the pic becausethe lay of that polo shirt does the same thing to me when I try to CC like that. But the averageJoe or Jane would never notice.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I am willing to bet that if you were OC'ing you would not have been picked to play.

Orygunner

imported post

After it was all over, I thought about what would have happened if I switched to OC just before I stepped onto the field... Would I have still gotten to play? Or would they have been able to figure out what to do before it was all over?

...Or would I have been going home early without a prize?...
...Orygunner...