Thread: OC Ride ???

Post imported post

At the BBQ some of us discussed an OC ride that would extend a quite long ride. Possibly to Wendover thru NV and and up to SLC.

I suggested Aug 2nd but was reminded of a Wedding that I have to attend.

A Saturday is my day of the week that I can do it.

Maybe we can do it AUG 9th as for now ???

Early rise ? I could pick up the bike I am going to ride@ 0800 on that morning. Then we go wherever.

Let's see what suggestions we can get for routes.

It doesn't HAVE to be the Wendover destination although I have never been to Wendover myself.

Anyone up for it???

It would be fun to get a small "gang" going:celebrate

TJ

Post imported post

anyday would be good fri sat sun or a day in advance so I can take time off
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Post imported post

I guess I'll go by myself then ???:X@ least I WILL have fun on fun on the 9th.

Thank you,

TJ

Post imported post

Wow... Not very patient with the replies?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Wow... Not very patient with the replies?
    To be fair, he did wait 12 hours for a reply.

Post imported post

I may be available to join in... my schedule will firm up more the closer we get to the date....
    Although Wendover sounds fun... may I suggest an alternative scenic route? One of my favorite rides is a run up to Bear Lake for some rasberry shakes, over to Randolph, Woodruff, Monte Cristo, Mountain Green, and other points of interest......either way, sounds like fun to me.

TJ, on a personal note, if you keep this up it may just be cheaper to actually buy the bike rather than rent it every weekend

Post imported post

Snoopy wrote:
    I may be available to join in... my schedule will firm up more the closer we get to the date....
    Although Wendover sounds fun... may I suggest an alternative scenic route? One of my favorite rides is a run up to Bear Lake for some rasberry shakes, over to Randolph, Woodruff, Monte Cristo, Mountain Green, and other points of interest......either way, sounds like fun to me.

TJ, on a personal note, if you keep this up it may just be cheaper to actually buy the bike rather than rent it every weekend

I know, I know. But it's kinda getting married. You date several women til you find the one you like and you hope you choose what you like right ?

Renting a bike here and there will get kinda the same result. Right?:celebrate

Why call it Bike Rental when it should be called Bike Dating

TJ

Post imported post

I am down with a OC ride but I am not a big fan of freeways. So any like cayon ride or something along them lines I am in.

”The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world… The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!”
    ~President Theodore Roosevelt

Post imported post

I think it would be great I was thinking a little bit about a route. So here are a few Ideas to throw out we could start out at the state Captial down state street to 2100 South where we would hit 1-80 East getting off at foothill down Mario Cappheci drive by fort douglas towards to primary children hosptial eat at the cafe then back towards sunnyside up by the zoo through east canyon to morgan down throught ogdens main road then bown through bountifull these are just a few ideas we could do I am up to anything you want in the state of utah it would be a all day ride approx 100 to 300 Mile run then to a bbq to meet up with anyone who could not ride for some food
    Zach

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sadly I will not be able to attend if it's on the 9th... My Brother is getting married, and having his reception that day.

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    Why call it Bike Rental when it should be called Bike Dating

TJ
    Don't you believe in Love at First Sight?

I like the idea of meeting at the capitol (good central location).... maybe we could get out of town as quick as safely possible up to East Canyon over to Henefer lunch at Wanship or Park City... back down into Salt Lake or over to Heber....So many great roads to chose from.:celebrate

Post imported post

how about a ride out around by tooele? then we could pull off the road and shoot some rounds off? like by Ophier?
    ”The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world… The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!”

Post imported post

yo101jimmy wrote:
    how about a ride out around by tooele? then we could pull off the road and shoot some rounds off? like by Ophier?
    Plenty of great roads out that way as well.... and I like the shoot option.

Post imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
    Sadly I will not be able to attend if it's on the 9th... My Brother is getting married, and having his reception that day.
    The other option for me would be this upcoming Saturday. The 26th ???

TJ

Post imported post

Where is the route then? I should have a new tire by then

Centurion

Post imported post

Keep me in the loop on this as well...

Most Saturdays could be done easily for me also....

JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    jaredbelch wrote:

TJ

the 26th would work for me.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    jaredbelch wrote:

TJ
    I am busy in the morning... sometime around 1:00 I should be available...

You don't have to plan it around me though...

Post imported post

Ok I am going to head out for a ride and lake mountain in Utah county going to stop and shoot a bunch. If anyone wants to meet there it would be fun!

I am going to post a new thread on this shooting stop. FYI
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate

Post imported post

Sorry Boys and Girls.

Just found out that August it filled up with things to do every weekend. If something happens so that I will be able to go riding, it will be alast minute notice

TJ

Post imported post

hey just say when! I am always ready to go!

Post imported post

yo101jimmy wrote:
    hey just say when! I am always ready to go!
    WHEN !!!!

HA,ha,ha

Gotcha:celebrate

TJ

Post imported post

anytime TJ I am ready to ride
    Zach

Post imported post

Ok we go now? :what: im sure they wont mind me leaving work for such a important plan...

Just kidding but for real we need more people for the shoot lets get em guys!