• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Ride ???

UTOC-45-44

imported post

At the BBQ some of us discussed an OC ride that would extend a quite long ride. Possibly to Wendover thru NV and and up to SLC.

I suggested Aug 2nd but was reminded of a Wedding that I have to attend.

A Saturday is my day of the week that I can do it.

Maybe we can do it AUG 9th as for now ???

Early rise ? I could pick up the bike I am going to ride@ 0800 on that morning. Then we go wherever.

Let's see what suggestions we can get for routes.

It doesn't HAVE to be the Wendover destination although I have never been to Wendover myself.

Anyone up for it???

It would be fun to get a small "gang" going:celebrate

TJ

Snoopy

imported post

I may be available to join in... my schedule will firm up more the closer we get to the date....
Although Wendover sounds fun... may I suggest an alternative scenic route? One of my favorite rides is a run up to Bear Lake for some rasberry shakes, over to Randolph, Woodruff, Monte Cristo, Mountain Green, and other points of interest......either way, sounds like fun to me.

TJ, on a personal note, if you keep this up it may just be cheaper to actually buy the bike rather than rent it every weekend :D

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Snoopy wrote:
I may be available to join in... my schedule will firm up more the closer we get to the date....
Although Wendover sounds fun... may I suggest an alternative scenic route? One of my favorite rides is a run up to Bear Lake for some rasberry shakes, over to Randolph, Woodruff, Monte Cristo, Mountain Green, and other points of interest......either way, sounds like fun to me.

TJ, on a personal note, if you keep this up it may just be cheaper to actually buy the bike rather than rent it every weekend :D

I know, I know. But it's kinda getting married. You date several women til you find the one you like and you hope you choose what you like right ?

Renting a bike here and there will get kinda the same result. Right?:celebrate

Why call it Bike Rental when it should be called Bike Dating:lol:

TJ

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I think it would be great I was thinking a little bit about a route. So here are a few Ideas to throw out we could start out at the state Captial down state street to 2100 South where we would hit 1-80 East getting off at foothill down Mario Cappheci drive by fort douglas towards to primary children hosptial eat at the cafe then back towards sunnyside up by the zoo through east canyon to morgan down throught ogdens main road then bown through bountifull these are just a few ideas we could do I am up to anything you want in the state of utah it would be a all day ride approx 100 to 300 Mile run then to a bbq to meet up with anyone who could not ride for some food

Snoopy

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Why call it Bike Rental when it should be called Bike Dating:lol:

TJ
Don't you believe in Love at First Sight?

I like the idea of meeting at the capitol (good central location).... maybe we could get out of town as quick as safely possible up to East Canyon over to Henefer lunch at Wanship or Park City... back down into Salt Lake or over to Heber....So many great roads to chose from.:celebrate

UTOC-45-44

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
Sadly I will not be able to attend if it's on the 9th... My Brother is getting married, and having his reception that day.

The other option for me would be this upcoming Saturday. The 26th ???

TJ

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
Sadly I will not be able to attend if it's on the 9th... My Brother is getting married, and having his reception that day.

The other option for me would be this upcoming Saturday. The 26th ???

TJ
I am busy in the morning... sometime around 1:00 I should be available...

You don't have to plan it around me though...

yo101jimmy

imported post

Ok I am going to head out for a ride and lake mountain in Utah county going to stop and shoot a bunch. If anyone wants to meet there it would be fun!

I am going to post a new thread on this shooting stop. FYI
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Sorry Boys and Girls.

Just found out that August it filled up with things to do every weekend. If something happens so that I will be able to go riding, it will be alast minute notice:(

TJ