• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OC

tito887

imported post

So I finnaly got to OC. I don't have much of a log yet. Really at I did was go to the gun shop on shellbyville rd in louisville. I have a custom galco holster made for my beretta 9000s. As I was leaving the shop owner warned me against OC. telling me that he was a retired cop and warned against it. That it would make people nervous around this area. I told him I understood it may make some people feel nervous but it was part of the movement. Then I walked out to my car. I then took my wife to graters to get some ice-cream. I walked in holding my 1 year old on one side and mypistolonthe other. :shock:. That's about the expression I got from everyone inside. Except for the clerk. I got my ice cream and went home afterwards. That was the first time I carried in public and let me say that I was pretty nervous when I did it. So was my wife. But it felt good to not have to cover up something that is my right to exercise freely :D.

tito887

imported post

Your right about it getting easier. I just went into kroger with my family and it wasn't nearly as nerve-racking. I probally went in during the buisiest time on sunday.

jbradford1

imported post

My Kroger's is going to be fun....NOT...there is always a Highland Heights KY. Police Officer there. I don't know if they work there off duty or are stationed there..but they are there most of the time....I think when I do my first OC there we are probably going to have a conversation!

If you can swing it Tito887, come to the OC picnic here in N. KY next Sunday.