• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Open Carriers Visit Zoo - News at 11!

G

imported post

Hey Ya'll.
edit
: nevermind, Good Idea, Saint, on getting the news there.

Was there any negative reaction on the part of the news people, off camera?? Did anyone (other than tourists) say anything negative that was edited out?? Im wondering about an event on this side of the state, and would like to be as fully prepared as I can be.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Saint unfortunately was unable to make it to the event, though I know he wanted to come.

It was actually BrianEMT who invited the press, and as a spur of the moment decision. The event wasn't all that well organized...trust me. The idea was to get together and meet the members and their families. We chose the zoo partly because it would be something our families could do with us, and also because it is city land. We were hoping to avoid any problem with a private place. Ended up, we had a problem getting in but the police came and helped sort it out. We were shortly admitted. The news crew was very curtious, and the article in the Statesman was balanced in my opinion.

We had some good/some bad press after the event was over, but for the most part I think it was a good thing.

Good luck getting something together. Might I suggest you try to be a bit more organized that we were at the time? :)